Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my trucks stock and has 10,000 miles on it . Is it normal to have a visable amount of blow by ? ( by Blow By i mean , with enigne running at full temp, i remove the oil fill cap and smoke is coming out .

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone else ??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does any one get blow by on there new trucks ?

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
All engines have blow by. If you really think there is a problem it can be measured. Yhat is the only accurate way.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it seems like alot to me you can see it no problem smokes coming out. Does not seem to burn oil though

·
Registered
661 Posts
not sure what this means but i get oil blow by out of my dipstick when i take it to 3,000 rpm's injection pump gets coated with oil

·
Registered
35 Posts
blow by I see is alot more common on the 7.3L powerstrokes - most all do it to a degree. Never really noticed it on any of the 5.9L cummins like the fords. Anything is possible. What are you using for oil?

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have always seen it on the 7.3l psd's but very few on cummins as well, mine will do it a little bit but only after running for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen it on my 7.3. but it had 200,000 on it .. I am using mopar 15w 40

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also what should i look for ? should i bring it to the dealer and try to have it fixed ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts