Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Blow By and Nozzles

799 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  00 CTD 
#1 ·
I put stage 2 jammer nozzles on about 4k ago.....truck runs great and has alot of power. I didn't have them pop tested. The engine seems to have more of a injector noise or sounds like its firing harder. More pronounced detonation i guess you could say. I never really listened that close after i added them but it did sound a bit different. Is this pretty normal? There is blowby out the breather, if i pull the dipstick there will be some out of there too or if i take the fill cap off blowby will come out of there also.....is that pretty normal.....dad says it is. I changed oil 1k ago and it is pretty black, the lever hasn't changed much, maybe gone down just a tad. Does this all sound pretty normal? Am i worrying too much, i have heard of a nozzle breaking off but my egts, smoke and all has never changed. Should i pull them and get them pop tested to see if that will quiet them down a touch?

#3 ·
ok guys, this morning, my truck has been sitting for 3 days i fired it up and it really has a lope to it close to even being a miss. Im really debating on taking my nozzles out and putting the stock ones it. What do you think is causing this?

#5 ·
i would pull them and have them pop tested

#6 ·
well it drives good, no surging. I can just hear more of a detonation. Hard accel it doesn't spudder it will if im on it hard but thats the VP doin that. I just know that it is worse than it was when i put them on. Its not like night and day but it does sound different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.