Cummins Diesel Forum banner

blocked off wastegate?

950 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nitrous340 
#1 ·
I've heard of some guys in my area blocking off they're wastegate to buil boost. Is this a good idea?

#2 ·
Your stock turbo is a HX-35, its good for about 30-35lbs of boost, anything after that is pretty much hot air and not doing any good. So if you already hit 30-35 dont worry about it, but if your hitting 20 or so and you have enough fuel you can partialy block wg with a boost elbow. But if your not pushing enough fuel you could weld the wast gate shut and it wouldn't make 30-35, but the HX-35 doens't really need a lot of fuel to spool, just trying to make it a little more understandable.

#4 ·
I have my super b pinched on both ends and it gained me about 6 more psi. It peaks at about 40 so I dont really have to worry about hot ait. Get two bolts and some smaller hose clamps that fit the diameter of the black hose that goes from the wastegate to the turbo and cut it in half and plug each end. That is one of the ways to do it.

#6 ·
Can somebody take a pic of the wastegate on a turbo, I'm pretty sure mines blocked off, which is not a good thing in my case cause with my adrenaline I'm spikin 40 psi without much trouble at all.

#7 ·
Both of the elbows I've pulled off turbo had a small orifice, I dont think they are big hole all the way through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.