Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Block heater

1487 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  2000rpm
I remember a thread that talked about all Cummins Rams come with the block heater installed, but if not ordered, only the power cord is deleted. Is that true - I can't find the thread I was reading?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Do you need one I've got a brand new one that I can send you,no charge,I don't need two.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you need one I've got a brand new one that I can send you,no charge,I don't need two.
I appreciate that! I'm actively in the purchase process - I'll contact back when I have it done.

· Registered
150 Posts
where is the block heater located on a 09 6.7 and how hard is it to hook up

· Registered
266 Posts
It is located behind the oil filter on the side of the block. It is easy to hook up. Just unscrew the plastic cap that should be on it, and screw in the heater cord, and run it to somewhere you can access the plug to hook up. Just be sure to keep it away from belts, fans and heat.

Good Luck!

· Registered
150 Posts
thanks for the help goin to order me a cord now

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger on a 2008 6.7 today. If you still have the extra cord, I'd be grateful. I'd like to send you something for it. PM me with details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.