Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through my manual and can't find anything about my block heater. I probably just missed it! I was wondering when and how long I should plug'er in when I am in the snow or the temp is real low? They seem to be a little testy when they are cold. Thanks:confused013::ar15:flag1:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see you are a newbie. Finally someone younger then I. Ok back to your question, recently a post was covered about the same topic. Lots of good info on it you will have to search for it... I live in Alaska and last week it was down to close to -20 below and I plug in about 2-3 hours prior to start-up. If I recall the owners manual does talk about it... but will have to check on that one. I like the thread about it though. If I have some time I will search for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here you go my friend- search for "winter is coming" Lots to read/talk about. Enjoy the reading.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just plug mine in overnight when the temps start to dip down. I don't need to plug it in to get it started, I just like having a little heat in the cab when I leave for work!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks AK-DRam and dodge24,that was quick! I will look that up right now. By the way, it looks beautiful in Alaska. One of these days I will make it up there. (not to get off topic)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.