Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did anyone answer this? I bought a 2019 Laramie 3500 mega cab and it does not have the heater cord option (hard to believe...). The OEM (I do not want the aftermarket ones) part number does not include 2019 models.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Easy to get the dealer to include the cord and install it once they understand its a deal breaker.

·
Registered
901 Posts
yes they are the same. have been for some time now.
You sure about that? The cords mount in a different location for the 19's than it did for the 13-18's, and the 19's have a different engine block...
Unless you positively know RAM lists the same part #'s, I would hold off on saying there the same.

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you. Dealer does not provide the same part number. Parts guy at dealer rumored the part is a different part number and will be available by end of year. (I understand I am adding to this rumor)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not to de-rail the thread but mine did not come with a cord. Do I just need to buy the cord or does this mean it does not have a block heater at all? (Noob question. Sorry.)

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,094 Posts
you can get them from geno's garage for $20.

they may not have the same pn's, but the plug that goes into the heating element is the same two pin plug that has been.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tim, each Cummins has the block heater installed ( OEM factory), yours like mine did not come with optional BH cord. I am waiting for 2019 OEM part to (easily) install.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I bought a $20 cord from Geno's for my 2019. I have yet to install it though, too busy. Probably this weekend. I understand the location is right near the oil filter on the 2019. It is the same cord as older models with the 2-pin connector though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tim, each Cummins has the block heater installed ( OEM factory), yours like mine did not come with optional BH cord. I am waiting for 2019 OEM part to (easily) install.
Perfect! I was hoping this was the case. Not that it gets super cold here in Washington, but if we make the trip up to a ski resort.....

Thank you for clarifying.

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The block heater (coil) is in the same location on the right side of block as earlier models. Mine has the rubber / plastic cap on. The pre 2019 (again, OEM) block heater cords are shorter than desired. I also want the added mounting hardware as original...so still waiting to see if there is a new part number.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Reactions: 72guy and xj1514

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I installed my cord yesterday. You can access it from under the hood with a step-stool. Just make sure to use some zip ties to route the cord away from hot items that could melt the cord. I routed mine out through the tow hook opening.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Search Mopar Tech Authority online. You can buy a subscription.
troverman
Is this the subscription you bought and find most useful?

Search Results for year: 2019, model: RAM 3500, type: Service Manuals on Disc/USB, 1 product(s) found
product
2019 RAM TRUCK 3500 D2 - SERVICE INFORMATION SUSB
Product Id: 81-370-19077-SUSB
USD $119.95
per unit
ADD TO CART

1 - 20 of 21 Posts