Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got my twins on and got the exhaust leak fixed. Low and behold, I hit a measly 40 psi and heard something pop off. Thought it was just a boot at first, but then i noticed the gasket and plastic end cap of the intercooler blown apart. At current I have a PhatShaft 62/12 over a S475, 120hp Mafia Nozzles, .093 connector tubes, Arson III, ARP studs, Super Rail Feed, TST Powermax. Gonna do dual CP3 later with Fleece dual rail and another programmer later. Been looking at the Techni-cooler system with the intake system. Looking for opinions. Options are:

Stock Metal end cap
ATS Sub Zero
Turbonetics
Banks Techni-cooler with high flow intake
AFE Bladerunner
BD Cool-it
High Tech Turbo

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
they are all legit bro... I have seen and had the BD intercooler and it was great

with my old twin kit at ~55lbs of boost the stock metal one had no problems

if you have the cheese to get a nicer one DO it...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cant give my opinion, but their is a new ats subzero in the classifids never installed for $1,200 I dont know what they cost new. Hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think alot of Dmax guys are going with the BD unit, buddy of mine had a Banks and its all cracked up after just 2yrs..........

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my new one yesterday. Ordered a brand new HTT unit. Very large and very nice. Came in a 1/2" plywood crate and plenty of padding. I will get it installed and post some pics... Thanks for the input guys...

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Nice! That is a really nice piece.. You will tell a reduction in egt's immediately..

and it looks cool through the grill!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Just got my new one yesterday. Ordered a brand new HTT unit. Very large and very nice. Came in a 1/2" plywood crate and plenty of padding. I will get it installed and post some pics... Thanks for the input guys...
Sorry I didn't see this sooner...but you could of bought a '06 ic which is all alum. and a tad bigger than the '05's...I was told by a well known shop that a person doesn't really need an aftermarket ic til thy're close to 1000 hp. Yeah a little cooler egt's but is it really worth that kind of $$$$?? I spent that $1000 that I saved on other go fast goodies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm no were near where you are HP wise (450hp-ish). But just for a little info for you. I had the '05 plastic intercooler & changed to a stock '06. They are about 3/8" thicker (10mm to be exact). I saw about 50-100* cooler driving empty and about 100-150* cooler at WOT. The only mod I had to do to it was re-use the existing nut clips from the '05. I would call this a direct bolt on.

I would expect similar results for you as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Power Source has a intercooler (Artic Intercooler) which seems to be built similar to the BD style itercooler. About $500 less than the BD intercooler too.

Anyone have this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts