Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was looking on ebay, and saw that there are alot of new tires that are being sold with the title of being "BLEM TIRES" what does this mean? It says they may take more weight to balance them, but does this mean that they are not worth buying?

Thanks for the info guys.

Mike

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that doesnt really help, but at least i was right in the thought that was what it stood for, are they worth buying?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have bought blemished super swampers for my jeep before. Never had a problem usually your just missing a letter or number somewhere. If the price is right go for it.:thumbsup

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Yeah if the tires a blem ... i wouldnt trust it . yeah you may save a few bucks but is it really worth your blem tire addin some blems to your truck say it does fail ? I'd play it safe , remeber you get what you pay for :popcorn:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have bought blemished super swampers for my jeep before. Never had a problem usually your just missing a letter or number somewhere. If the price is right go for it.:thumbsup
IMO, i think it'd be pretty sweet if you had some "Supe Swampe" or some "Bogge's" or somethin like that :lol3::rof

·
Registered
454 Posts
In most cases like the person stated above, they usually just have a misprint somewhere on them...It wouldn't keep me from buying them

·
Registered
867 Posts
ld buy some but only if they were brand names like goodyear or firestone...
remember a news program on alota tires that were shipped in and were failing..anyway fella got stuck with pile of tires and ebay would be good place to unload them as offroad use..ld be carefull..orrdinarily there just a blemish on whitewall or scuff ect...basicly a "second" ...not qualifyible as a no1 tire sorta deal

·
Registered
541 Posts
Blemished tires still have to be structurally sound or they couldnt sell them. Usually the blemish is very small and is always cosmetic. If the tire was unsafe it would have to be destroyed so I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Blemished tires still have to be structurally sound or they couldnt sell them. Usually the blemish is very small and is always cosmetic. If the tire was unsafe it would have to be destroyed so I wouldnt worry about it.
Exactly. Could you imagine the storm that would follow if a company was selling structurally unsafe tires? The blemish's are always cosmetic. Im running blems right now.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
blem

blem tires are usually the first 1000 or so tires produced off assembly line at least that is what discount tire says

1 - 12 of 12 Posts