Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07.5 2500 quad cab 4x4 with a 6in lift supporting 37s. i want to black out the truck, any suggestions as far as what to do? The truck is white so it would look nice!!! I'm talkin rims, lighting... anything! let me know

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Headlights - heat them up, pry the clear plastic from the actual light. Paint all the chrome with the actual light reflector being left alone.

Taillights - either black leds or pick up some spray paint tint and paint them.

Rims...if you have the money, definetly replace them. Otherwise you can paint your stockers.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
:agree2::agree2: thats what i did, but you dont want to go too much black. tinted windows always look good

·
Registered
736 Posts
there are blacked out headlights on ebay if you dont feel like doing it yourself. I myself wish to black out my truck, i plan on getting new stacks and painting them myself with the high temp matte black paint, and plasti dip for my bumpers, until i can afford new ones lol

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
needing tires soon and i'm going all black as well while i got the tires off plus the rest of the truck

·
Registered
50 Posts
just to though it out there is a company out here that sells ceramic coated stacks that wont flake or melt the paint of, pretty much any color you want, black is a big seller

·
Registered
681 Posts
any body have pictures of the headlights being blacked out? looking more for the 07+, the ones without the amber strip. have been thinking about doin it myself.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
any body have pictures of the headlights being blacked out? looking more for the 07+, the ones without the amber strip. have been thinking about doin it myself.
If I can get a set of '07 headlights bought for cheap I'll be blacking them out...until then, sorry. I've yet to see '07+ blackedout...

·
Registered
133 Posts
where can i get black headlights but not the covers so its still legal and same for the tail lights preferably led?

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
check ebay there all over. black bases would look sick on that truck. Recon 3rd brake light, tail lights, led's and smoked

·
Registered
186 Posts
apoligize for butting in but I thought this was the Performance section?

·
Banned
706 Posts
Dfer10, you got one hell of a truck. Congrats pods, it looks awesome!

·
Registered
694 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts