Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing mine right now and I have a heavy finger, so I have some drips on the lights. If I color/wet sand them will it remove the drips and still look good? This is my first time doing something like this...

Also, it seems pretty hard to tell if there is an even coat from one tail light to the other. Anyone else have this fear/problem?

I sanded them, cleaned them, put on some adhesive spray, night shaded them, and then clear coated them. I just went and checked on them and my dripping is pretty bad, if it doesn't come out well I guess I will have to sand them and start over.

· Registered
768 Posts
well i just finished mine up today i had to sand them down and re do them .........i put 4 light coats of night shade and then 2 light and one medium coatof clear and the look great...........as far as them bein even light to light its gonna be very difficult o get tis but mine acame out close .......... my best advice if you ahve to do over is even with a heavy finger start the spray off the light then sweep across at a set speed just fast enough to barely change the color of the lense let dry then repea till you get the darkness you want

· Registered
125 Posts
On my 2nd gen sport headlights I used "gun wash" used by auto body mechaincs to obviously clean out their guns. Use it lightly on the housing and itll come off then just start over. If you try and fix a run itll be like polishing a turd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.