Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see you guys that blacked out you 3rd gen wheels

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would also like to see them, there was a thread a while back but i dont remember many replys...

Thanks Joe

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
are you talk'n 'bout the stockies.....:peelout

·
Registered
830 Posts
here's a few pics of my 3rd gen stockers in black.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you black out you cummins emblems too???

·
Registered
830 Posts
yes sir. if it was chrome, it's now black.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
oooo, now that is sexy time!!! lovin the look bud.

·
Registered
347 Posts
did u sand blast those then?? they look good i want to do that to mine but wasnt for sure what all i needed to do im goin all black on white truck should look good let me know thanks:peelout

·
Registered
96 Posts
DUDE AWSOME JOB MAN THANK IS SO NICE LOVE THE BLACKED OUT CUMMINS EMBLEMS DID YOU ALSO BLACK THE EXHAUST?:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought about using duplicolor metalcast smoke to do my emblems and if it looks good do my wheels im just up in the air on going with 18" black rockstars or just painting mine and save the money...what you guys think????

·
Registered
830 Posts
yep, blacked the tip on the exhaust also. thanks for all the compliments. this project has been done for about 2 months. i started by sanding all chrome pieces with 320 grit sand paper. then i cleaned and degreased. then i shot with duplicolor self etching primer. let that set for 30 minutes and then shot with krylon bbq and stove paint. all my material was bought at napa. the only adhesion problems i have had are on the rear bumper. the plastic top piece that sits on top of the bumper expands and contracts with heat and cold of the day and night. when this occurs it scratches the paint back down to chrome along the edge. it is very small, probably only 1/32" wide spots and only in a few places. it still bugs me and whenever i see it happening i just touch it up. probably have done it 4 times in 2 months. for the time it takes to do it, it's been well worth it for me. to me the red and black really set each other off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts