Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am painting the tow mirrors and door handles on my truck this weekend. :party018: It is a white sport w/ an ALI ARC front bumper, and the round chrome step bars. I don't know wether to paint gloss black or gloss white or any combo of black and white. Please help me decide, if you have pics of examples that would be great also.......headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to wash the plastic on the mirrors and door handles w/ dawn soap a couple of times to get ALL contaminents off, the go over it with a scotch pad to ruff the plastic up. I've got a adhesion promotor, and I'll wait for that to flash. With that done, I will apply a couple coats of white gloss enamel, with flash times in between each, and put them back on after drying. I was told by a auto body pro that doing i.e. 3 base white coats and 2 gloss coats would be more prone to chipping due to the total thickness, where as the 2 coats of white gloss would be much more elastic and prove to wear better. Just some food for thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts