Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Black Maxx Vision

964 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RaceMoab#42
Casey, is it possible to make a monitor like black maxx that doesnt add power, that could read as gauges and have the great look, but can work in conjuction with any tuner out there. Can one be made for use?:drool2:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Casey, is it possible to make a monitor like black maxx that doesnt add power, that could read as gauges and have the great look, but can work in conjuction with any tuner out there. Can one be made for use?:drool2:
Exactly why I am waiting for the Banks iQ. If the Black Maxx was capable of the same at a lower price than the Banks iQ is supposed to be, I might go for it instead. The only real thing the Banks has going for it is the size of the screen.

3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would prefer an H&S or Smarty product myself but if banks does it first they may get my cash... any thoughts casey?

· Registered
1,007 Posts
The problem on this one is simply cost of the unit. Sure, we could do it, but it isn't going to save you a lot of money, maybe a hundred bucks or so. Not really worth it in my opinion. We looked into this very deeply in the past, and unfortunately at the time there was not enough demand for it. There are so many other products out there doing the same thing it didn't make sense for us to build it. It is still a possibility of doing it in the future, but it will more than likely be with our Mini Maxx screen instead of the Black Maxx.

Casey

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I just don't want a gauge cluster running up the a-pillar. I like having one central place with all of my important information. Large clear easy to read screen and without the tuner but with the ability to control the tuner separately later if I choose to get one. I can't see how that can't be fairly popular. Oh well, I can understand the cost being an issue. With any luck, Banks iQ will be available.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
I've got one. It's called a Bully Dog PMT. A used one can be had for about $650. Until BD gets the software out, mine is a nice set of gauges. Same hardware platform as the BM. NO, the software don't cross over.

3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got one. It's called a Bully Dog PMT. A used one can be had for about $650. Until BD gets the software out, mine is a nice set of gauges. Same hardware platform as the BM. NO, the software don't cross over.
Thanks for the help Dad but im not really sure i want a bullydog product after some of the horror stories... I love the styleing of the black maxx but what about edge? edge has a gauge only monitor dont they? Outlook maybe?

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Thanks for the help Dad but im not really sure i want a bullydog product after some of the horror stories... I love the styleing of the black maxx but what about edge? edge has a gauge only monitor dont they? Outlook maybe?
The issues with BD are the software support. Or lack there of so far, for the 6.7l. The hardware is the same as the Black Maxx. Just giving you a cost effective solution to your request. :thumbsup:
To my knowlwedge there isn't 1 monitor that monitors everything we want. Seems the PMT/BM have a list. Then the Insight has it's list. Not one has them all. :banghead:

3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The issues with BD are the software support. Or lack there of so far, for the 6.7l. The hardware is the same as the Black Maxx. Just giving you a cost effective solution to your request. :thumbsup:
To my knowlwedge there isn't 1 monitor that monitors everything we want. Seems the PMT/BM have a list. Then the Insight has it's list. Not one has them all. :banghead:
i think i may have to do price searching and find one i can afford I imagine they all work the same and view the same things i just love the look of the black maxx great intimidating look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.