Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to order my black max the other day, and come to find out they are on back order indefinately. does anyone know the reasoning behind this? also should i just go with the mini max?

· Premium Member
10,174 Posts
i went to order my black max the other day, and come to find out they are on back order indefinately. does anyone know the reasoning behind this? also should i just go with the mini max?
Simple case of supply and demand, they did not order enough components to keep with the demand are now out of stock until the can build them again.

Like Tyler said it will be about 3 months when we get them back in stock.

James
RSD

· Registered
1,266 Posts
I just got the minimaxx and see no reason someone would spend the extra money on the black maxx, you can see the screen just fine. I will admit, when I opened the box I was worried but once in the truck, it is perfect. Not too big, not too small and does everything a BM does.

· Premium Member
10,174 Posts
I just got the minimaxx and see no reason someone would spend the extra money on the black maxx, you can see the screen just fine. I will admit, when I opened the box I was worried but once in the truck, it is perfect. Not too big, not too small and does everything a BM does.
Yes and it also his a higher resolution screen so the numbers will pop out even more, I can post a pic if needed to sure how the numbers stand out even in the daylight.

James
RSD

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Thats what she said, sorry, i couldn't help myself

· Registered
66 Posts
I just got the Mini Maxx AND the top mount. I had the Black Maxx W/pillar mount prior to this. I have bad eyes and think the MM with the top mount is too far away. I can't read anything. B4 I get all the crap that "maybe I shouldn't be driving" I'll say I am ordering the pillar mount W/adapter, so it will be closer for me. IF I had known there was a windshield mount in the box already I would have waited.

Went ahead and removed the top mount and put the MM by the drivers' pillar.(Where H&S wanted me to put it in the first place) 100 times better reading the MM. I'll still order the pillar mount W/adapter so it will look cleaner.

· Registered
66 Posts
I have heard (RUMOR) that the Black Maxx is being completely re-vamped. (RUMOR):stirpot:

· Stop Looking At Me!
463 Posts
Me 3! Ha. And I did the same thing when I opened my box for the mini I was mad at myself for a min. but now that its mounted its not to bad. Its actually just right. But if the redo the black I would still be mad!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just wanted say thanks to everyone for their input! i Guess i will be goin with the mini max! and tyler at myers performance im pretty sure it was u that i talked to yesterday on the phone. and i was wondering if you guys install exhust as well

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.