Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These aren't painted but you can get the idea. What's yalls thoughts? Obviously my truck theme is black and white, just don't want to over do it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It will look awesome!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think it looks better without centercaps myself(and badges as long as I was at it), but I do wish I had a white truck:drool2:

Do those tires work fine without spacers? 265's right? Looks good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes the 265's will fit without rubbing. But I put a 1/4" spacer in between them to spread the stance a little. My next set of tires will be 295/70's with 2" spacers (I just got too good of a deal on these)

I agree 100% on the badges I actually have all the tailgate badges off. I just haven't gone for round 2 and pulled the rest of them yet! It took a week for the blisters on my fingers to go away after doing the tailgate ha ha

Without the center caps the lugs show and you can see inside to the castle nut. I do like the all black but I think the caps look better than what's behind them

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
i do not like the caps at all like that. when i had my dually i purchased chrome lug nut covers and it looked really good like that to my

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you just rattle can it? I was planning on cleaning them up with lacquer, then hitting it with a couple Coates of gloss black engine paint, them clear coating them?

·
Registered
228 Posts
LoL! I can relate to the fingers rubbed raw until I discovered goof off and a plastic putty knife. The finger still works the best for the big gummies.

I would like to see someone come out with some aftermarket "mooneyes" Just a plain chrome cover without that silly sheeps head. They put that &%^$%$ sheeps head everywhere you look. I still have the one on the tailgate. I hate it, but I don't hundred dollar hate it. That's the cheapest solution I've come up with to remove/replace it.

I'll get some pics up soon of .99 cent wally world gloss black on stock steel. I think it looks better than chrome or silver, especially with some dark tint and other blacked out bits(gotta love an ST for that)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Rustoleum Professional Semi-gloss works perfect!

·
Registered
103 Posts
can you just put your simulators on if you don't like the all black look?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.