1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and WOW great place for info.

hre's waht Ihave..

Just purchased an '04 with 70 K on it.
Previous owner has a K&N filter system on it. Edge Juice with Attitude. Stock 4" all the way back and stock turbo. Still has the stock muffler and catalytic coverter.

Read the edge manual it says don't use setting 4 or 5 without additional mods to the turbo or additional systems...

So here I am wondering what else would be needed to used the Edge Attitude to it fullest advantage?

Thoughts, Ideas, information?

Don't ant to break the bank ( ok piss off the wife :T:) but want to get all I can out for the Edge w/att system.

TIA fellas...

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
Id say alittle tranny work may be in order..also a straight through exhaust would help alot with the heat. im sure a torque convertor and valve body would forsure hold up to the 5th setting on the edge.. other than that you should be set! Congrats on the great purchase and :welcome:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
674 Posts
with the pyrometer hooked up the edge will back off at high temps, a larger turbo will give you more power and reliability but address the tranny first. good luck!

·
Registered
674 Posts
is this truck a 600 series 04 (04.5) if it has a cat i would guess it is and i would ditch the cat and do a straight through muffler first.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If it's not a 04.5 then you have a 3 1/2" exh system to the muffler and 4" tail pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yup.. it is the 600 series and has 4" all the way.
Better to have a mech. cut and weld pipe where the cat is? Or purchase an exhaust system?

OK speak slowly about what I need in the tranny and ideas on a bigger better turbo.
I have the 6 speed in this rig.

I need links and specifics... as I am a novice on the after market stuff. I'll also be soliciting a mech to perform the work. Unless a member here live is Colo Springs ;-)

This place is great.

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
WELL! 6 speed made this a whole lot easier and cheaper for ya. All you'll need is a good clutch and im guessin it'll be around 2k? Im not to good with info on clutches (i got auto) but im sure a stick guru will chime in real quick. check this out till then i gues!
South Bend Clutch Dodge Clutch Kits Catalog

With turbo's, industrial injection makes a real good peice, so does high tech turbo. I cant give you to much info on what size of turbo would be nessesary for your application cuz im not sure of your future plans (when i first bought my truck i just wanted a chip and that was it lol) but check out these sites and read over.. see what ya think
DODGE (II)
High Tech Turbo

Also, fill out your sig so everyone knows what you've got to work with :thumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Riley,

Hey much appreciated on the links! I updated my profile as well... DOH!

·
Registered
167 Posts
:welcome::beer:welcome::peelout

1 - 11 of 11 Posts