Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, with the Cummins of course. I ran across a site that advertises a kit and an additive that will allow vegitable oil from restaurants to run any diesel engine. I know that the 2001's are not made to run on biofuel, but what this site advertises is called biofuel no. 2. This seems to good to be true, but it would be nice if it were. The site is Biofuel Basics : Revolutionary new biofuel that runs cleanly in any diesel engine without engine modification!. If anybody knows anything about this site and their products I would greatly appriciate any information. If it ends up working, then I might just get to keep my truck. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody have any information about this at all?

·
PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,641 Posts
Biodiesel and WVO are two separate types of fuel. Biodiesel you can pour right into your tank and run it just like diesel.

WVO-(waste vegatible oil) is used with a separate fuel system. The truck must start on diesel and then the engine warms the WVO and a solenoid switches the fuel to the WVO then you must switch it back to diesel to purge the system before shutting down.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is biodiesel a good alternative

·
PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,641 Posts
is biodiesel a good alternative
Some say yes, and some say no. I personally would run it if I was able to make it or get good quality Bio diesel for a decent price around here.

Check out the Alternative fuels section and do a lot of reading. You should fine a lot of great information on the subject there.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
The website your looking at is not Biodiesel. It's Waste Vegetable Oil that they add their "SNAKE OIL" mix to. The Snake oil mix thins out the WVO to allow it to have the same consistency as regular diesel. It's not like running a true WVO system with a second tank that's heated and plumbed into the vehicles fuel system. Personally, I would not run it because you don't know what the “SANKE OIL” mix actually is. The thing that bothers me is you never see anyone of these companies making the “Fuel” or putting it in their vehicles.

In about 2 weeks my BIOPro 190 will be here and I will start making my own Biodiesel.

Check out this site for a really good explanation of how Biodiesel is made.

Biodiesel Tutorial Videos

Here is another good source for information on Biodiesel.

Biodiesel Magazine

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check out DieselSecrets.com you can make 50 gal in a couple hrs. with used veggy oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone told me that if I start using Biodiesel the engine will start pinging and should be getting a chip to stop the pinging, is that true?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Someone told me that if I start using Biodiesel the engine will start pinging and should be getting a chip to stop the pinging, is that true?
Hmmm...that would be news to me.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Check out DieselSecrets.com you can make 50 gal in a couple hrs. with used veggy oil.
Same "Snake Oil" as the other stuff. If it sounds to good to be true and it's really easy to make then how can it possibly work.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but if someone can show me proof of Diesels Secret Energy or Biofuels kit working then maybe I would change my mind. I've seen Biodiesel work. If it really was that easy don't you think that some major retailer would be selling it and making a huge profit?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I decide to try this stuff and it works I will let you know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same "Snake Oil" as the other stuff. If it sounds to good to be true and it's really easy to make then how can it possibly work.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but if someone can show me proof of Diesels Secret Energy or Biofuels kit working then maybe I would change my mind. I've seen Biodiesel work. If it really was that easy don't you think that some major retailer would be selling it and making a huge profit?
Im my state they basicly are. Crude Soy oil is going for .66 a crude(vargin) gallon and sells for 5.10 a gallon. it realy can't cost 4bucks to refine. and disterbution cost around .30 a gallon around here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts