Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a rep at a biodiesel seminar and we were discussing the pros and cons of biodiesel. He told me i would have to eliminate any rubber lines that were on my truck (2005.5 5.9) because the biodiesel would deteriorate them. I was hoping someone around here has ran bio through a later model truck and knows what will happen. Can someone tell me what lines ill need to replace, and any other parts ill have to change? Has anyone ran straight bio through an 05 or later truck? What do i need to do to my truck for it to safely run on biodiesel. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Honestly other then watching your fuel filter...You should be fine. Rubber fuel lines stopped in something like 1994.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is anyone out there running 100% bio in their 3rg Gen?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been running B2 or B20 pretty much all the time for the past 3 years. No issues at all. I have run a couple tanks of B100 through it too with no impact other than a little drop in power/mileage.

·
Registered
450 Posts
He told me i would have to eliminate any rubber lines that were on my truck (2005.5 5.9) because the biodiesel would deteriorate them.
You should be fine. Rubber fuel lines stopped in something like 1994.
No offense but any informed Biodiesel rep should have known that! You might want to take anything he said with a grain or two of salt!

He's not a rep for fuelmister(sp?) is he. :lol3:
Bob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called a guy thismorning and talked to him a while, he said i am taking a big chance ruining injectors if i run 100%, especially if its homemade. so id like to know if anyone has ran 100% on a newer truck...THanks again. I missed his lil presentation so i donno what all he had to say. he said he wasnt sure what all lines were on my truck. he said he had mostly worked with small diesels. like some kubotas and small tractors like that.

·
4,669 Posts
so far ive had good luck with 100% svo in my 06. bad FCA a while back, but that was back when i didnt have a HEATED 2 tank system. dont know if the fca was svo related or not but prob. was from too cold n thick svo.other than that, O.K. so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts