Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got one more questions, I have a an 05 CTD and I am running 100% biodiesel. I have burned through about a half tank an my fuel pressure on my gauge has dropped drastically. I wondering if its do to how thick the bio is or if my fuel filter is clogging up?

Any one experience this or have any idea? Also the truck is running perfect, super responsive still. It doesnt seem to be lacking fuel or anything.....kinda confusing.:thud:

·
Registered
573 Posts
doubt that could be the problem. Especially with it only being B10 and half a tank. I run regular all winter then switch back to B50(I think it is) in the summer and I usually run 4 or so tanks before switching my filter, and when I do it doenst look too bad.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've got one more questions, I have a an 05 CTD and I am running 10% biodiesel. I have burned through about a half tank an my fuel pressure on my gauge has dropped drastically. I wondering if its do to how thick the bio is or if my fuel filter is clogging up?

Any one experience this or have any idea? Also the truck is running perfect, super responsive still. It doesnt seem to be lacking fuel or anything.....kinda confusing.:thud:

Depending on how long you have been running #2 before switching to Bio, I would change your filter. I had only a year of running #2 on my truck before I switched to B20. Lost a little fuel pressure after the first month of running B20 and figured the bio was cleaning the fuel system out. Changed the filter and the pressure was back. No problems since.

As for Bio being thicker than #2.... I have noticed no difference in #2, B10, B20, or B50...They all look the same. I haven't gotten my hands on B100 yet so I don't know what its consistency is.

·
Registered
397 Posts
B100 will drop my fp by 1-1.5psi usually.

Eugene

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
i would chk the fuel filter

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only after a half tank though???? Also my trucks only got 23,500 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
only after a half tank though???? Also my trucks only got 23,500 miles.
Given you are running B100 and how good of a solvent biodiesel is I think it is possible....

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Fair enough, I will get a new filter in it tonight. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks
Ok bud. If you plan on running biodiesel regularly an extra fuel filter/water separator would polly be a good idea.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok bud. If you plan on running biodiesel regularly an extra fuel filter/water separator would polly be a good idea.

I thought that I remember reading somewhere that another inline filter wouldnt be a good idea....

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I thought that I remember reading somewhere that another inline filter wouldnt be a good idea....
Hmm...I have not heard that. I am all for the extra filtration...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im selling this truck but I will try it on the next. Also I went out to my truck for lunch and its around 75 degrees now and my fuel pressure gauge is reading normal. Im thinking it has something to do with the tempature. It was about 48 this morning.....

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
well im selling this truck but I will try it on the next. Also I went out to my truck for lunch and its around 75 degrees now and my fuel pressure gauge is reading normal. Im thinking it has something to do with the tempature. It was about 48 this morning.....
Do you have an isolator???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts