Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
My truck runs best on B20 to B50.
I do see a slight mpg drop, about 10%.
I like to use it in the 5 gal. just-in-case can because it is easier to wash off the fingers. If you rub your face or pick your nose after an emergency fill, it is way better than DinoDiesel. :T:
Home brew is a hassle, IMO.
It will lube a VP44 like nobody's business.

What are you looking to know.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I have run B20 in my truck a few times and it did well...

·
Registered
20 Posts
running b100 in my 05 shes quited down a lot and they say it lubes much better than #2 so no need for additive. but gels in much warmer weather like the high 30's but thats no problem where i live

·
Registered
34 Posts
How About Running B100 In The Hot Weather And B50 In The Below 40deg .has Anybody Tried Adding 2 Stroke Oil For Cool Weather?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use 2 cycle oil in cold weather, I have heard of -30 and no problems at 1 once to a gallon. I used 1 once to 1-2 gallons down to -15 this winter, no problems. It seems to be helping my failing injection pump piston from siezing up. I normally use 1 once of tc3w to 2-3 gal of fuel, quieter engine, 1/2mpg increase on high way 1 mpg increase in town.(warm weather driving) I like it, maybe a tiny bit of smoke comes out.Yote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts