Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much cheaper is Bio? What will I have to do to run it in my truck? Any words of wisdom?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
IT depends are you buying the bio or making it? It can be more then diesel is some places. Witch fuel at ultra high prices you can probably get it for the same or less than diesel. Nothing needs to happen to your truck, just watch your fuel filters. Startout at a small blend, liek B20-B40 and then work your way up.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
How much cheaper is Bio? What will I have to do to run it in my truck? Any words of wisdom?
Some cases it is cheaper, some not. Depends on the sources. Closest place to me is like 5 cents cheaper. I would start with a b5-b20 blend and work your way up. Just keep an eye on the fuel filter.:thumbsup

·
Registered
519 Posts
The whole filter issue has to do with older trucks that have alot of miles on pump diesel. All of the sediment that has built up over the years. I would almost guarantee you will not have a problem with filters clogging. I ran 100% from the get go and no issues. if it is filters you are worrying about I would run b100 right now and that will loosen anything up in there and get it out. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts