Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking around to start my transmission build. I was thinking a transform hd tofd2 or whatever it's called along with a Billet input and DPC triple disc converter.

My main questions is will this billet input shaft do the job?

http://bit.ly/UpvMUU

What's the difference between the one and two piece shafts. Is one stronger than the other?

Also does everybody feel this trans set up will hold up to what I'm putting down now?

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
one piece billet is what you want. you are gonna want heavy duty clutches, steels and bands also. billet servos, accumulators, and band anchors.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I haven't heard of that brand before. The price is cheap enough compaired to about $750.00 for an Opie or Sonnax product. I personally wouldn't want to risk it over trying to save $175.00. The amount of damage you can do if the input shatters taking out the converter or pump is not worth the savings to me. I do beat on mine pretty hard though. Maybe you wouldn't and it would be fine.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I run a DPC triple disc converter and a Opie (Intelligent Engineering) single piece billet input shaft, both are proven parts.

I also have added frictions, billet servo, accumulator, billet apply lever and strut, custom valve body, Kevlar band as well as new seals, steels.... just added a Georend Bros. deep trans. pan.

Your on the right track... just make sure you get all of the above goodies as well.

As others have stated I would stay away from unknown parts. This doesn't mean there not quality just means you don't want to be the one that finds out if there not.

DPC triple + I.E. input + good VB and the other billet goodies (+ list above) will easily hold what you've got and some!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If your putting in a billet input why not run a triple disc converter?
Also if you do go the triple disc route, it would be worthwhile to upgrade the flex plate to a billet or laminated...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
^nevermind! For some reason when I read your post I thought it said single disc! Oops...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.