Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to secure my presious fuel:$: Who make a good locking door and wheres the best place to get them?
Any ones to avoid?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Putco or Bully makes them. Should be on there websites.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I don't know about there but here if you have your tank locked they are drilled and drained that way. I would rather let them steal mine than have to buy a new tank. Although if insurance would buy me a titan tank it might be worth it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Geno's

Pete

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
How do you syphon fuel out of a tank with a check ball valve in it? Because I've tried several times on my truck, and never got very far...

Cutting or disconnecting the hose coming off the tank sender works pretty good, though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If I remeber right, the service manual shows a second port on top of the tank for emptying the fuel.

Pete

·
Registered
435 Posts
cheaper alternative is just going to autozone and getting a $15 locking cap. that'll buy you like 6 more gallons of diesel than that $45 lid you're going to invest in. Look at it that way...i hate the man.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheaper alternative is just going to autozone and getting a $15 locking cap. that'll buy you like 6 more gallons of diesel than that $45 lid you're going to invest in. Look at it that way...i hate the man.
yes but the polished doors look soooo pretty tho :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
they sure do... and if your worried about drilling of the tank you can do like im doing... Im currently fabing up a diamond plated skid plate so to speak that will mount around the fuel tank..... lil extra protection....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts