Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on the largest tire I can run without a level kit or lift. From the research I've been doing over the past week it seems like people stop at 33s. 35s rub. But nobody is clear about it.

Everyone says that 35s rub but they don't say what rubs. Looking for specific advice for a 2011. I am currently running 17x9s with 4.5" back space and stock 265s. I want to run 35s but don't want to purchase a lift. So I'm looking for the largest tire I can run on my current wheels.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I would stick with the stock wheels and run a 33. I am almost positive a 33 will rub.

The location of contact is the lowest corner of the fender cab side. I ran 4.5 inch lift to clear a 35x12.5 on 10inch wide wheel with 5inch back spacing and it would rub.

My best advice is stick with the stock wheels and run a 35x12.5.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Current wheels are 17x9 Fuel Boost with stock size tires. I'm looking at different tires and want to move up a size. I have fender flares on order and I'm looking to fill up the gap.

I'm looking to run larger tires on my current wheels instead of selling off those wheels and going to something different.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I would stick with the stock wheels and run a 33. I am almost positive a 33 will rub.

The location of contact is the lowest corner of the fender cab side. I ran 4.5 inch lift to clear a 35x12.5 on 10inch wide wheel with 5inch back spacing and it would rub.

My best advice is stick with the stock wheels and run a 35x12.5.
In the first sentence you say stick with stock wheels and a 33" tire and it will rub, Last sentence you say stick with stock wheels and run a 35:confused013:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts