Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 99 dually stock height with a 2inch leveling kit up front, i am running the 22.5 alcoas with 255 70 22.5 tires, i was thinking of pulling stock rims back on with all terrains. whats the biggest size i can go with ? any help would be great. -scott

·
Registered
104 Posts
i would like to know this to and i dont want to run spacers

·
Registered
153 Posts
i would say u would be fine with 285x75s, cuz that is what i have on my truck with a four inch and it is way too high for them. i have seen some stock trucks with 285s and they seem to be ok.

·
Registered
104 Posts
do you have spacers?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how tall are they ? 33,34 inch? with the 4:10's and running the highway alot i want the taller tire to lower the r's but wanna see what its like w/o all that weight as well from the alcoa's.

·
Registered
769 Posts
have a 99 dually stock height with a 2inch leveling kit up front, i am running the 22.5 alcoas with 255 70 22.5 tires, i was thinking of pulling stock rims back on with all terrains. whats the biggest size i can go with ? any help would be great. -scott
Scott,

I didn't know if you wanted to use a spacer between the rears or not, but here is texs4x4's truck. They are a 305/85r16 which equal a 36x10.5. Probably would need a 1.5" to a 2" spacer. Should be the biggest size for a 2nd gen and also close the the 255/70s you have now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man I like those 22.5's! I need some of those!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looksgood

Scott,

I didn't know if you wanted to use a spacer between the rears or not, but here is texs4x4's truck. They are a 305/85r16 which equal a 36x10.5. Probably would need a 1.5" to a 2" spacer. Should be the biggest size for a 2nd gen and also close the the 255/70s you have now.

hey thanks for posting the pic, ive been killing myself trying to find pictures of the 2nd gen with stock rims and big tires as well as 17, and 19.5 with all terrains on,dont get me wrong i love the 22.5 with spikes on my truck but, if it wernt for the looks and the lower r's(4:10"s) i think i would have nver got them. kinda doubting myself and looking for a possible alt route to go . i def like the looks of his truck, looks sharp, as well as he would be able to yank somepeople out of the mud where as me i just have to stand by the road .lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also. do you know if his studs were long enough to take a 1.5 or 2 inch spacer ?

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Scott,

is that on a stock height 4x4? iam running a 2wd with a front 2.5" leveling kit and wanting to run tires similar to those

·
Registered
769 Posts
also. do you know if his studs were long enough to take a 1.5 or 2 inch spacer ?
I'm not real for sure about that.

is that on a stock height 4x4? iam running a 2wd with a front 2.5" leveling kit and wanting to run tires similar to those
It is a 4x4 with a 2" or 3" leveling kit.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

well heres some pics of my truck, the 2WD version of his :lol3:

I run a 1.5" leveling kit and it is absolutely the tallest and widest tire I can run without spacers in the back. I have less than 1" gap in the back, and the front tires barely rub the fender liners when I turn.

edit: they are 235/85/16's

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where would be a good place to get spacers and longer studs if i were to need them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts