Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Biggest Payload in your Bed?

3648 40
I searched through the threads but didnt see anything on this.
Wondering what the biggest load any of you have seen or put in your bed...and im not talking about big women in the bed room here boys.
I just put a yard and a half of crushed granite in my truck and it weighed in around a ton and a half and she was squatting. In the past I had four 50 gallon barrels with nuts and bolts in the bed on a pallet and i almost sh*t when the scrap yards scale said it was 2 tons - thousand LB per barrel!
So I am wondering how much she'll hold before some catastrophic occurs... or what someones dared to do....
lemme know
pictures would be sweet too :party018:
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
3600# of granite weighed at the scales before I left the pit and still had about 2" between the bump stops on top of the axels. There are threads out there about this too.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there ya go... thanks good reference
bout to head home now, have 3000# of granite and 12 6x2x12s and 2 8" columns... building a deck
prolly near your 3600

· Registered
170 Posts
I had 40 80# bags of quickcrete so thats 3200lbs

· Registered
170 Posts
just had about 1000lbs of rock stacked in the bed of my rhino 700 , front tires were barely touching the ground and was bottomed out in rear

· Registered
2,312 Posts
54 bags or 80# concrete, my tool box full of tools and then a trailer on the tongue, trailer and load were probably about 11,000#... to say the least she was a little over loaded and I think I damaged a leaf pack, cause she has sat lower in the rear since...

· Registered
16 Posts
+1
Yep had a heck of a time convincing the kid at Lowes to set it on there with the forklift .
I'm a manager at Lowes. You would not believe what folks ask us to load. How about a fridge on top of a honda accord, or a pallet of shingles into the bed of an S-10. I'm sorry our associate was apprehensive. Most of us know what a truck is capable of with payload, but there are alot of new guys out there fearful of damages/job loss. Just last week I caught a good chewing from a distraught customer. I refused to let my loader put a pallet of quikrete in his Ranger. The days of signing a waiver are gone, our upper mgnt. just won't let us. My guys know if they see a Cummins pull up, no problem!:party018:

· Premium Member
87 Posts
hauld a set of rails with all the pads and bolts for a 690 john deere trackhoe i dont know what it weighd but my truck was squatin prety good.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
These are all great! You cant see the stone in my truck so it looks like those are some heavy boards but this is with 2 yards of 1" granite :party018:
DSC00450 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

· Registered
828 Posts
yep, 3500 lbs of shingles up to my cabin 4 hours and no sweat

· Registered
129 Posts
I have a sled deck, with two long tracks loades with fuel and oil. Plus gear underneath the deck. Oh for you guys that dont know what a sled deck is. Its a deck made from aluminum and board that sits just barely higher than the bed rails, so you can fit to sleds side by side in the bed of a truck. The deck is like 400, sleds are 700 a piece, with the gear. Then on the way home, I bet each sled weighs in at 800 a piece if not more. They are loaded with snow and ice. Not alot in the bed, just alot sitting on top of it. Truck handles it like a dream. Airbags help with swaying though.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4500# of sand for the sand box. Squatted pretty good, but still had room. Did not even phase the power of the cummins
Yea with over 2 tons in the bed I was still starting in second - the engine didnt even notice - SO AWESOME :drool2:

· Registered
2,462 Posts
A 33-gal air compressor and related accessories. Around 175lbs total.

I've only had her 3 weeks now...give me time!

· Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,563 Posts
the heaviest load I've had was a pallet of field stones measured 4'x4'x4' not sure of the weight but I dang near forgot it was there... till I went over a speed bump, yep then I could tell.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.