Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 5spd nv4500 trans 96 12valve with a #10 fuel plate 191 delivery valves and head studs and was wanting to put a set if stage 2 60 to 75 hp injectors on it and was curious if this would be way to much for my stock turbo.

Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Some will say it is too much and some won't.

Personally I am of the opinion that it will be too much.

Sent using AutoGuide

·
I have a diesel problem..
2,300 Posts
100 hp is really the biggest you want to run with stock turbo. i had a buddy who ran 150's for a while....it got hot

·
Supporting Vendor
412 Posts
5.9inline2008,

Since you already have some fuel supporting mods the turbo will be a great upgrade for you right now. The more air will be safer compared to running a lot of fuel and not enough air.

Tim

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Clutch first.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you tow and want a cheap upgrade that will handle those injectors...find you an HE351CW off of a Common Rail.

It you could go with something like a 62/65/14 for a little more power up top. But it still has good low-end performance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
533 Posts
Or you could do a BD Super B...but from what I've been told, it and the 351 have similar performance characteristics. And you can usually get the 351 quite cheap.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Or you could do a BD Super B...but from what I've been told, it and the 351 have similar performance characteristics. And you can usually get the 351 quite cheap.

I actually had a bd super b on my last 24v and it didn't seem to be much different from my stock hx35

My other thought was just beefing up my stock turbo by putting an hx40 wheel on with biger housing

·
Registered
533 Posts
I actually had a bd super b on my last 24v and it didn't seem to be much different from my stock hx35

My other thought was just beefing up my stock turbo by putting an hx40 wheel on with biger housing

You very well could make it a 35/40 hybrid. I ran a hybrid on mine for a bit actually and I liked it. Not crazy power wise, but definitely better than the stock HX35.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
If you have the money, a 62fmw/68/12

There is a first gen member who runs one on his manual trans truck and is making over 400hp and it spools REALLY well and he doesn't really exceed 1200f WOT.

Algae Eater had really good success with his 62cast wheel/68/.85 as well. they are good turbos

If I did it over again I would probably get a 62fmw/68/12 gated with a race cover. I guess I like spending money though as that would be a really expensive turbo. Anyway that's beside the point....

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
that is also a good option. However, the title is misleading.The description says it's a 60/68/14. I assume it would spool quite nicely and does flow plenty of air.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah I remember calling them about it. It's 61.something, so they don't feel that it's "technically" a 62. But again, should perform well I would think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.