Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give Dave at Draconian Diesel a big thank you for this lovely package! Called him on Saturday and told him everything I wanted to do, Got this package 4 business days later (Thursday)! Heard great things about him and draconian diesel, for anyone looking for advice or help with a DPF/EGR delete get a hold of this guy! Cant wait to install it all this weekend!

·
1791 Conservative
2,357 Posts
Yes, I agree. And I have kicked around contacting him for some custom tunes. But the wife is not on board. I bought tunes from a guy who vanished in thin air from this Site last year. They made my truck run like crap. Ditched them a week in and no refund or anything offered by him, not even a response. I know DD would not do that, but women are hard to convince...

You will love your truck once you do these mods, and in the long run your wallet is likely to come out ahead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I agree. And I have kicked around contacting him for some custom tunes. But the wife is not on board. I bought tunes from a guy who vanished in thin air from this Site last year. They made my truck run like crap. Ditched them a week in and no refund or anything offered by him, not even a response. I know DD would not do that, but women are hard to convince...

You will love your truck once you do these mods, and in the long run your wallet is likely to come out ahead.
Oh it took some convincing the wife on this one. Lets just say she was not super happy when all the boxes showed up and starting ringing dollar signs in her head. In the long run she understands that this will help the wallet. Thanks for the comments!

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
If you weren't so far away I would be underneath your truck now pulling your exhaust off. You will like everything for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Oh it took some convincing the wife on this one. Lets just say she was not super happy when all the boxes showed up and starting ringing dollar signs in her head. In the long run she understands that this will help the wallet. Thanks for the comments!
You guys are amateurs.. Frank and I have this figured out...

I bought a spare pickup Monday and got a, hey that's not a bad deal from her... And I just told her today I'm spending all day deleting it...HEHEHEHEHEHE on a Saturday.

It was a smoking deal I couldn't pass up on a 08 Lariat 6.4 Ford.

See. You don't start of logical with them. They don't think that way. You first present a problem and see if you can persuade them to come up with the correct answer. The solution that you of course want. If you can get them to come to the conclusion that the only way to solve the problem is to do xxxxx then your home free...

I won't give away all my secrets.. But for example I told her this morning. Sweetie. The previous owner was a cheap skate and he didn't delete the truck correctly. I've got to delete the egr and put a decent exhaust on it. IF I don't it could hydrolock the motor. (Not a lie, egr in place on 6.4's is bad after 100k+ miles...)

I get oh ok... I then tell her. Well its a really long process. I dont' want to do it. But I don't have time during the week. I need to go to the shop Sat about noon. I'll probably be there all day... Do you girls (Momma, 10 year old and 7 year old) wanna come out there and maybe grill out or something. Come see me so I don't get lonely... #POUTYFACE

DONE... That's how you do it Son...

I do have a touch more pull in my household because I work my tail off on two jobs... But still, I'm still married and she's still a women...

I call it.> the Draconian Shuffle... :hehe::rof:rof

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
The shuffle works fellas. It's like an engine build though. Plan it out don't deviate, but have contingency should something happen. Now if your wife's a diesel mechanic you're screwed. However she probably would take that crap off for you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just hinge family outings around the truck, when it brakes a couple times or there are delays in getting to the lake with the boat, it usually frees up the cash flow to the truck instantly. My wife has no issues these days when I tell her the truck needs some TLC. But it better be ready to climb that grade out of Superior WI with everything we own strapped to its back :). It is kind of cool when she tells her family that we can come get there car or this or that with our truck, it is a beast. YES MAM!

·
Cummins Fan
2,176 Posts
The shuffle works fellas. It's like an engine build though. Plan it out don't deviate, but have contingency should something happen. Now if your wife's a diesel mechanic you're screwed. However she probably would take that crap off for you.

I need to get this draconian shuffle down. That dual exhaust i ordered is gonna cost me 2 bookshelf's and a fancy dinner. :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I started whining about needing a tuner the second I drove off the lot.

Finally, 2 weeks ago she says to me she says, I wish you would just buy a damn tuner and shut up about it already.

So's I did.:party018:

But she made me work on her car before I got to put my parts on :spank:

Another happy DD customer here, as well.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
I need to get this draconian shuffle down. That dual exhaust i ordered is gonna cost me 2 bookshelf's and a fancy dinner. :confused:
I'd be ok with the bookshelfs.. But the fancy dinner... URGH!!!. They don't serve steak at those type of places... If they seperate out the courses or they offer a salad fork. I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Bookshelfs and fancy dinners....:mine wants a new car before I get a new turbo. I told her if I buy her the 1400 purse she wants she can buy me a turbo, she looked at me like she just smelt cat sh!t.

·
Registered
353 Posts
$1400 purse :banghead:

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Louis Vuitton, and she says coach is cheap lol.

·
Registered
574 Posts
For you guys that don't have kids...haha, just you wait. Just when you build up some mod money and you think your wife is not going to mind you spending it, little Johnny or Suzy is going to need something expensive! And of course if you love your kids, your not going to let them go without something they need.:banghead: Then after that, the washer breaks, the roof leaks, wife wants a new patio... it never stops!:banghead::banghead:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Hollnagel

·
1791 Conservative
2,357 Posts
This is why I wish I was the Natural Man, the guy from MT that was arrested for fishing without a license. His life is not as complicated.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Don't forget when they are in sports! I think I spent 8 hours last week building a pinewood derby car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
.... I told my boyfriend if he doesn't get his car running soon, I'm going to steal it and do it myself.

(Plus, if I have to haul that damned thing one more time on a trailer with no winch without it running, I'm likely going to commit a homicide...)

Reactions: Mudman1
1 - 20 of 29 Posts