Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is as below and just this morning goin to work I noticed alot of smoke coming out exhaust so i changed air oil and filter and fuel filter wasn't really need because I changed all of them 2000 km or so ago¿¿¿ and nothing changed at all threw all gears big smoke I smoked out an intersection today... any body have any ideas what it might be valves valve lash fuel... it runs the same asa it did before thanks guys

·
Registered
993 Posts
Maybe somebody secretly downloaded a smarty for ya:peelout

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Consider yourself lucky minus the fuel cost :lol3:...most guys dump a lot of money into their rigs to get them to smoke like that :peelout :peelout

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
are you making good boost? mine did the same thing, right before i lost my first IP :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never noticed ill check today good and close adn see what happens

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeha I have good boost maybe a little less then normal but still ripps... I smoked the crap out of a cavalier today hahhaah it was funny and now I think its to for a programmer just for that fun

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
weird, i'd say low boost or low air flow. if it was white smoke i'd check your fuel pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welllll...:thud: took the ol girl in today for the smoke and such and guy at squealership says I have one maybe two injector failures and bad compression on one cylinder so I guess I will be with out a truck for a while by the sounds of things...:CRY: sounds like there gunna pull the head off today and see whats in there...:popcorn: then tear the motor out I imagine to get at the piston or am I wrong:confused: any one else had this fun before... 100168KM on her right now... low milage for this to be happening if you ask me...

·
Registered
365 Posts
common rails and the multilayer gasket, have cause all kinds of weird screwups with the motor over the past couple years, so no not really surprising. they were getting to be too reliable there for a while ya know, so the epa hasta make em run like crap again, it looks like what i imagine the early 70's must have looked like to the muscle car era

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welllll...:thud: took the ol girl in today for the smoke and such and guy at squealership says I have one maybe two injector failures and bad compression on one cylinder so I guess I will be with out a truck for a while by the sounds of things...:CRY: sounds like there gunna pull the head off today and see whats in there...:popcorn: then tear the motor out I imagine to get at the piston or am I wrong:confused: any one else had this fun before... 100168KM on her right now... low milage for this to be happening if you ask me...
For an 06????? Holy cow man. How hard do you run that thing?:lol3:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sounds like some dirty fuel had its way in there and messed up your injectors. They were probably sticking partially open hence the smoke. Check out my post titled dirty fuel and you will see how much crap can be in our fuel. I had an injector go out last year but I had the opposite problem one of mine was carboned up and not spraying enough fuel. Hope your cylinders didnt get washed and scorred otherwise you should be back on the road in no time. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts