Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm starting my cummins swap today. I have a 95 f250 4x4 7.3L auto( aka Big Red named by my dad) that will be getting a 96 12V and a zf5 transmission at the same time. I will post pics as I go and hopefully I dont hit any snags. If i do maybe the swap guru's will chime in. Well off to wrench, i will have some pics up today or tomorrow. :headbang:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I got alot of the grill stuff gone and i removed the intercooler and piping. Can't seem to get my pics from photobucket to work. Everytime i try to put them in the manage attachments it says invalid url? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Banned
1,334 Posts
use the image link, and post them in the reply box, dont bother with tryin to use the attachment thing on cf

·
Registered
409 Posts
heres some pics

·
Registered
409 Posts
a few more

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No pics but i have the ac condensor and rad out and the rad cradle is almost ready to go. Hopefully i have the motor out once the weekends over.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photobucket isnt working so no new pics but the rad cradle is out and alot is undone on the motor. Tomorrow I plan to destroke her. Hopefully photobucket will work tomorrow.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well she is destroked Dec 5 2009 here are some pics

tomorrow i plan on dropping the tranny and transfercase. If time i have time i will also install the autoworld motor mounts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
well driveshafts out, tranny and transfercase out. I got the autoworld motor mounting plates installed but ran out of bolts and nuts. I will grab some tomorrow. I also plan on starting in the cab tomorrow. Hopefully I will get my pedals installed and a get the tranny hump opened up.

bye e4od and 7.3L

zf5 with short shift kit

autoworld motor mount plates

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well, never got on the cab stuff but i got the motor mounts finished and decided to do a test fit of the motor in the engine bay. It will have to come out again for some more tweaking. But so far it looks like my hx-40 4 inch downpipe will fit with minor hammering.

Test fit

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking good man, i was wondering are you going to run AC on that thing didnt see a compressor. Nice work!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm on the fence right now about ac. I may put it back in i maynot. I never really use it. I might just leave all the plumbing in and then later on hook it back up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well its been a few days, but i got some stuff done. I swapped a good alternator from my 7.3 onto the 12V. I beat the passenger cab corner and the trans hump lip over for more room. Drilled and tapped the ats exhaust manifold for the pyrometer. Installed the motor onto the motor mounts. Its almost sitting level side to side. When its all dailed in i will get some pics. Well the weekend is coming up so 2 full days to wrench. Hopefully i can get the trans in and start on some stuff in the cab. Right now I'm having some clearence issues with my wastegate and the heatercore housing. I will get some pics up tomorrow hopefully of the problem. Any ideas would be apperciated.

Firewall tweaked with the good old sledge hammer

Pyrometer fitting installed in my Ats Bigfoot exhaust manifold

Motor mounts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Good work. Did you make those motor mounts or did you buy that setup as a kit somewhere?

Also - as a side note - if you are in photobucket and want to link pics you can click on the bottom linking option under the pic (IMG code) and the pics will show up in the thread - rather than as a link:thumbsup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good work. Did you make those motor mounts or did you buy that setup as a kit somewhere?
the motor mounts came as a kit from autoworld but i ordered them from gos performance(good guys) with a few other things i need for my swap. thanx for the help with the images off photobucket.

well i have the motor bolted in and level from side to side. not sure how many degrees tilted back it needs from front to back? If anyone knows chime in please. well tomorrow i start in the cab and maybe i will get the trans bolted on. also i have a pic the shows my wastegate problem.

motor in and level

wastegate hitting my heatercore housing

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanx, thats about what i was thinking. Another thought i had, i will just bolt up the tranny and transfer case.Then check the angle on my rearend on the diff housing. Once they are on i can raise and lower with a floor jack until the angle on the transfercase rear output is the same as the rear diff.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking good
thanx

well today has been more steps backwards then forwards.
first the throwout bearing wouldn't fit on the fork so i had to go and get the right one. then the pilot bushing wouldn't fit inside the flywheel. so i wont be able to get the right bearing for my flywheel until monday or tuesday.:banghead: oh well nothing super major. so i have been working in the cab. got the seats out and carpet rolled back and hump hole open. gas pedal removed. should have the steering wheels swapped and pedals in tomorrow. also may start rewiring a few things in the cab. i'm swapping from a 3 gauge pod to a 4 gauge pod in my truck. doing away with my tranny temp gauge and them moving my wvo gauges up. they will be way easier to see while driving then.

seats aut carpet back

present 3 gauge pod and crappy located wvo gauges

4 gauge pod hotness

1 - 20 of 109 Posts