Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced Lift Pump, Injection Pump, Fuel Filter, ECM Truck still bucks at 2 grand badly Read codes on dash Read p1693 and superchips read 112 Air Intake Tempature Please help if you can

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
When you replaced your VP did you also replace the return valve [ the one with a ball and spring in it ] that hold the banjo fitting to the VP?

·
Registered
7 Posts
also i dont know why but it seems like dodge has more problem out of the manual transmissions being rougher on the injector pumps. im not sure why but the best i can figure is the fact that you lose all your boost and rpms when shifting and if you lug it bad it seems to give problems. i only know this becasue a guy i farm with has big problems out of his six speed but his brother has an auto and never had a lick of trouble. also you may want to install a fuel pressure light there not expensive at all

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
You should replace the return valve, it may not seem like much but it will screw you up if its bad. You will show fuel pressure at the VP. If this $40.00 part is bad it will return fuel instead of pushing thru the VP. Its a check valve that works on pressure, so if it is sticking it will cut the fuel in the VP. I just had a problem with mine. I even went as far as sending my VP back because I thought it was bad. When it tested good I replaced the crank position sensor still nothing. I was ready to replace the ECM, and then I was told about the check valve. Thats what it was. This may not be your problem but its worth checking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts