Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my rail cap and soon as i started it..it was loping idle and i was getting timeing rattle i took it for a drive and it seems like it was in limp mode..i had a hard time accelerating to 100km/h but no lightning bolt. My quad rail pressure also says its running at 29k all the time no matter wat the throttle posistion. Someone plz try and help me

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
did you remove the rail pressure sensor plug? if so you might have it backwards. if not then you have a fca that was given up.one more thing unless you have lots of money saved up for new injectors DO NOT DRIVE THAT TRUCK that much rail pressure WILL crack injector bodies and/or melt pistons.

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,320 Posts
could be a bad rail pressure sensor. do you get any codes?

·
3,320 Posts
try putting your rail valve back on and turn your key to the start position, inhook your batteries and let it sit for 30min or so. hook everything back up and see what it does.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
i agree with above, you have a bad sensor, or bad fca that is stuck open on the cp3 pump, dont drive the truck, or your going to have more serious problems....

·
5,245 Posts
usually a bad fca will cause that code
well it really depends on this one also though, i threw a high rail pressure code one time, but i did it using a edge juice with attitude, that doesnt add pressure, and the truck fell on its face, like it lost all fuel pressure, but i didnt get a lift pump code, it was a rail pressure high code...

·
5,245 Posts
i just noticed he has a quad gauge too those things are notorious for frying rail pressure sensors... thats prolly his problem right there also, the quad froze and fried it...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it really depends on this one also though, i threw a high rail pressure code one time, but i did it using a edge juice with attitude, that doesnt add pressure, and the truck fell on its face, like it lost all fuel pressure, but i didnt get a lift pump code, it was a rail pressure high code...
thats exsactly wat it feels like im gunna order a new rail pressure sensor tomarrow so it might be here by thursday and i just put the old valve back on and i staill have this problem. and southern smoke what did you do to fix it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did you happen to notice what kind of rail pressures you were running previous to removing the pressure relief valve? I would try unhooking your quad gauge and plug your stock wiring directly back to the rail pressure sensor and see if that fixes it. Also sounds like you might have pulled a wire out of a connector possibly so check that to if you haven't already

·
3,320 Posts
yeah unhook your quad gauge.

rail pressure sensors are nto cheap either.

·
5,245 Posts
thats exsactly wat it feels like im gunna order a new rail pressure sensor tomarrow so it might be here by thursday and i just put the old valve back on and i staill have this problem. and southern smoke what did you do to fix it
i cleaned the sensor, and put everything back together, but it was caused because i drained the rail, but if you have a bad sensor, then your are going to have fueling issues, thats prolly all it is, get the new sensor in, and let us know my friend....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you happen to notice what kind of rail pressures you were running previous to removing the pressure relief valve? I would try unhooking your quad gauge and plug your stock wiring directly back to the rail pressure sensor and see if that fixes it. Also sounds like you might have pulled a wire out of a connector possibly so check that to if you haven't already
ya is was at 5k at idle and 14k a WOT
and i did unhook everything a set everything to stock and it still did it so thats how i narrowed it down to the sensor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.