Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang, one of the farmers boys that I live by his been bugging me since he was in his teenage years to sell him my truck.

It has often crossed my mind and the main reason I would sell it is because I am tired of banging gears. I have alot of sweat, money and some blood because of a busted knuckle or two. He is coming over after he gets off work to drive it and try to work out a deal.

Alright, this opens up a pandora box for me. Do I just get another 2nd gen 24 valver that I love so much but this time with a auto and a short box instead of dually. Do I finally step up to a common rail? Or do I go back in time and get a 12 valve..I've always wanted a dedicated race/pull truck.

Decisions, decisions. Right now I'm leaning toward a 24V 2nd gen. So much easier to work on and I know my way around it pretty darn good.

I guess I'll know tonight if the young man is ready to buy, or if I'm really ready to sell :w:

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you like what you've got, let the farmer's son go find his own. No sense buying a new one, and then paying the friggin' sales tax only to get something along the lines of what you've already got. Now, if you're that tired of gear whompin', let the youngster whomp 'em for a while ... you could always go buy a Kia Rio! :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
thats a tuff decision but at least its an enjoyable one to make :thumbsup

best of luck

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
good luck id say get another 2nd 24V truck

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well burger made a offer. I told him I'll sleep on it but I think I'll take him up on it. I asked him if he wants the go fast goodies and he said of course. :w:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts