Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to start off i know im goin to get some grief for this but whatever. I wanna see some pics of some exhaust tips because I just don't know what will look good for me. I personally have a 4 inch straight exhaust, and i am planning to put a 7 or a 6 inch tip that is hopefully 18 inches or longer, i am having a hard time finding a good looking one. Black would be better. Lets see them big tips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
263 Posts
5"TBE into 6" Tip

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion, of course, but i don't like the look of anything more than 1" larger than the pipework. The dramatic diameter difference detracts from the overall look. For example, I started off with the humdrum factory 4" tailpipe on the truck:

Then I installed a 4" ID x 6" OD x 15" long polished tip on the truck. I wasn't happy with the look of it due to the large flare in the pipe diameter. I suppose if your truck doesn't sit up that high you won't even be able to tell, but I sure could.

So, I eventually went to a 5" TBE and a 5" ID x 6" OD x 18" long polished tip and I am much happier with the sizing. Notice it doesn't seem to flare nearly as much. The 1" expansion flows (aesthetically speaking, not physical flow of exhaust gas) much better than the 2" expansion.

Reactions: R_Zachs

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
Here's a rolled 8x18x6, it's a little dirty but I like it. This is an old pic too so you've probably seen it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice lookin trucks gentlemen!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Got me a 6 inch piece off of a kenworth semi. Sounds awesome an you cant see the transition back to 4 inch. :drool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts