Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys heard of or ran the 5 inch duals from big bad diesel. And how well does aluminized last compared to stainless, or should the aluminized be painted? Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check there website out they make a 5" dual set up

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
That will be very intersting if its seriously 5inch all the way to both ends to throw a 5x whatever tip on there....buddy saw a kit advertised like this awhile back from diamond and he got it and it was 4inch off the y pipe

Big Bad Duals 5in Turbo Back

·
Registered
324 Posts
That will be very intersting if its seriously 5inch all the way to both ends to throw a 5x whatever tip on there....buddy saw a kit advertised like this awhile back from diamond and he got it and it was 4inch off the y pipe

Big Bad Duals 5in Turbo Back
yeah, thats usually what everybody sells, 5" to 4".. ive been after a true 5" dual setup for awhile.. even thought about trying to make my own.. :cbadge2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weazel i talked to this company and it is actually 5" right to the tips, but i comes without hangers so u have to fab your own. I think i will just get a 5" single and add in a left side exit, shouldnt be that difficult.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Weazel i talked to this company and it is actually 5" right to the tips, but i comes without hangers so u have to fab your own. I think i will just get a 5" single and add in a left side exit, shouldnt be that difficult.
Oh cool deal! I think I've got a couple of extra hangers laying around I could use.. If you do end up making your own, post up some pics, Id like to check it out! One of these days I may crawl under mine and take another look to see what all would be needed...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright will do, if you attack it take some pics also.

·
Registered
178 Posts
IMO duals on a Cummins is kinda gay since we all know it's a straight 6 and only has one exhaust manifold. :confused013:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i have been looking at the big bad duals for quite a while & the owner said that they are a pain in the A%@ to install....obviously the spare has to go bye bye, but they are true 5" to the tip. they seem like really good guys, heck he even said he would sell me just the tail pipes since i already have 5" exhaust...IDK thought that was pretty cool of him.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya he also told me it was a pain in the a$$ to install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So Has anybody got this kit yet?

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
Looks like a flow-pro..

Say bye bye to the spare under the bed too .,..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not me im just gunna swap my 4" duals to a 5" single

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
I actually built 5in dual for my old ford i had. They sound super sick but where loud and had a drone from hell!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
A little off subject. Do all the 5" setups have the drone? If so what can be done to eliminate it?

I did a SS exhaust on my dmax and they had sent the wrong setup. I didnt want to go through all the work of reinstalling the stock. I couldnt find a SS piece local and put a aluminized extension on. Looking at it after a couple of years it looked better than the SS. They use a real low grade SS on the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Just get a muffler to get rid of drone. Hushpower or even a flo-pro muffler can take care of it. With my mega I dont find the drone to be that bad. My cousin has a hemi with a flowmaster 40 series and that thing has horrible horrible drone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.