Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Big Horn Edition. The door badges say big horn and I haven’t seen that on any other trucks out there. How can i tell if the guy that owned it before me just went on eBay and glued some on the truck?

·
Registered
869 Posts
My 05 had those same decals. It was just some cosmetic package iirc. Nothing to be excited over.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I removed all of mine. Just be aware that depending on the color of the truck, time on the door (age), and sun exposure, you'll probably have a ghost image of the badges. You'll need a good buffer to get it out. Like a porter Cable or a TORQ buffer assuming it's just clear coat fade. That's all mine was at 310K miles with PB7 paint. Thankfully.

It took me a little bit of time working with my TORQ buffer to get the ghost of the letters off and then polish it back, but was worth it. I love the debadged look myself. I usually debadge all my vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve done it to most of my cars and trucks in the past. But I also modified them much more than I plan to on this tuck. I have a g56 transmission and don’t anticipate having new clutch money any time soon. So all I plan on doing is 35s on stock wheels and a leveling kit. So my gut says just pull off the badges. But the busy stock look might end up being nice if it’s not ever going to put out serious power numbers. Maybe I’m overthinking it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It just looks cleaner. Doesn't need to be modified a lot.

If not that, some blackout badges would be nice. I debated that for a while but decided to try without badges and it just looks great. Plus you'll be amazed how cheap and junky those big Horn letters are. Most of mine tore coming off.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
For
My year 08’, I was under the impression that all the 2500-3500 with the Cummins were BHE.

I took off my all my tailgate badges, looks great IMO. only left on my 2500 and Cummins side badges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18,935 Posts
It was a 2000 dollar upgrade package on an SLT of common desired options. Wheels, power seat, limited slip, Tow I think, and s few other things. In second gen they called it SLT-Plus, in third gen they made it the Bighorn package, now it is more a separate model pretty much replacing the SLT badging.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
It was a 2000 dollar upgrade package on an SLT of common desired options. Wheels, power seat, limited slip, Tow I think, and s few other things. In second gen they called it SLT-Plus, in third gen they made it the Bighorn package, now it is more a separate model pretty much replacing the SLT badging.

Yea I don’t have anything slt on my truck. I do have “big horn badge” on my vin report.

·
Registered
18,935 Posts
It is what was an SLT by model, but the change the badging to Bighorn with the package. There were other packages similar.
It is not and ST/tradesman, and it is not any variety of Laramie. I think the sales code for both ended in G like 2UG, 26G etc, depending on engine and trani. Build sheet will show.
Just found a 06 sticker on line, No label for SLT, just Bighorn, 2UG package for diesel 4 speed auto and bighorn package. G was SLT before about then. i know I have seen 03 and 4's with SLT on tailgate.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My 05 had both SLT and big Horn badging. It is a big Horn though based on VIN.

Where did you see all that additional stuff? All I could ever find was it was an exterior only package. Nothing about the seats, limited slip, etc.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
My 05 had both SLT and big Horn badging. It is a big Horn though based on VIN.

Where did you see all that additional stuff? All I could ever find was it was an exterior only package. Nothing about the seats, limited slip, etc.
Yea I thought all the factory AAM diffs were limited slip. Also, mine is big horn by vin, but has the normal basic cloths seats. Does have the nicer polished HD wheels.

·
Registered
18,935 Posts
The package varied from year to year and model to model 1500/2500/3600. Some versions had inter and mechanical things and some it was only wheels and tires and some other exterior. ON the 06 2500 sticker I was itwas just the exterior stuff.. But I remember on some models, maybe 1500 it had like 15 items, but do not remember all of them. It may have had power seat or stereo up grades, tow and some other things but never was leather Bighorn never has had leather at all. Lowest level to ever have leather was Laramie J package or optional on sport on 2nd gen. Similar for early third gen.

No, limited slip is still an option on about everything ($445) although it is also in some option packages. They did all change from clutches to Gears instead.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I’ve done it to most of my cars and trucks in the past. But I also modified them much more than I plan to on this tuck. I have a g56 transmission and don’t anticipate having new clutch money any time soon. So all I plan on doing is 35s on stock wheels and a leveling kit. So my gut says just pull off the badges. But the busy stock look might end up being nice if it’s not ever going to put out serious power numbers. Maybe I’m overthinking it.
Ya, you are...lol.
I like the clean look. Have de-badged and removed the factory door trim the last couple trucks. Left the big C on the fenders though.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

Lol way overthinking. power has nothing to do with the badges. It’s personal opinion:)I say take em off, at least all the crap on the tailgate. 4x4? Why, if you can tell I dont care why you think. Blue tech ? Not on my truck! Big ugly ram head? Maybe if it was a deer head. “Heavy duty” on a light duty truck? WTH?
Cummins logo stays, come on. 2500 meh ok, half tons gotta know what’s up.

Nothing wrong with a. Totally stock appearance, kinda beat and worked hard work truck that secretly makes 500hp either.

Never race the stock work with truck on the freeways that oddly has what appears to be slicks on the rear, and no tail pipe showing, don’t do it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts