Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have a question i am looking into my air filter and it seems that the afe or ice box or modified stocker would be beter any ways would it be louder to go and do this modified stock box or bhaf?
thanks guys:headbang:

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
I put an open S&B filter on the end of my stock intake and it screams.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
louder than a bhaf i am a poor a$$ kid and only have money for truck payment and insurance so i want to do some thing free so i guess i am asking is a stock modified better than bhaf

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,835 Posts
louder than a bhaf i am a poor a$$ kid and only have money for truck payment and insurance so i want to do some thing free so i guess i am asking is a stock modified better than bhaf
NO BUT YOU CAN MAKE YOURS A SWISS CHEESE BOX IT HELPS A LITTLE BUT YOU CANT BEAT THE BHAF LOOK IN THE CLASSIFIEDS THERES ALWAYS USED ONES FOR SALE GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the SWISS CHEESE BOX

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
Oh, sorry bud. I dont know all I have had is a stocker and this. Im sure if you shredded the box it would be almost the same.

·
New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,532 Posts
dude just do what i did by modifying the stock air box..im sure you saw the post thats titled Modify Stock Airbox? .....its very loud and very nice...

·
Banned
196 Posts
Your signature says you have a BHAF, are you trying to determine which is better - BHAF or modified air box?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes???????

·
Banned
196 Posts
If you don't do any long uphill towing and only want more air flow for 1/4 mile blasts - BAHF is fine. If you are towing, you will want to reduce the hot under hood air drawn into the motor with something like an ICEBOX with a dry filter (cleanable).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the modified stock air box as loud as bhaf

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
from what i've heard the modified stock box is louder than the bhaf. people talk like it sounds like your turbo is in your glove box

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i mit just try this today

·
Banned
196 Posts
There is a kit where you plumb the stock air box through the firewall and into the area behind the glove box (where cab air comes from) that will - more than likely drive you insane with turbo noise oops I mean turbo song.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey dj i got a afe torque tube connected to a 45 degree pvc pipe to a amsoil 4510 filter. its pretty loud. 170 bucks

·
Registered
255 Posts
the afe stage 1 is crazy loud sounds like the turbo is next to you head

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you don't do any long uphill towing and only want more air flow for 1/4 mile blasts - BAHF is fine. If you are towing, you will want to reduce the hot under hood air drawn into the motor with something like an ICEBOX with a dry filter (cleanable).
what is wrong with a wet filter like amsoil or k&n. I personally hate k&n air filters but what about the amsoil?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts