Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

bhaf install (pics)

9853 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  MX26
I didnt want to spend the coin on an aftermarket cold air intake, so I made my own
I bought a filter from napa # 2790, removed the factory air box, and hooked the intake tube directly to the new filter.

After that I made a heat shield out of al. diamond plate and installed it to the fender using the factory hardware. I noticed a power gain and MPG increase. Enjoy! Total cost was about $60. (I had the material already)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
what are the rough measurements for the shield you made?

· Registered
130 Posts
Does the heat shield make that big of a difference? Not trying to be a smart butt, just wondering. I just put the filter where the box was and called it good. Made a huge difference in performance.

· Registered
693 Posts
If your filter is touching the A/C line put some thing on it to keep them form rubbing or the filter will chaff through it.

· Registered
1,676 Posts
Diamond plate looks awesome! I had the exact same idea when I put mine in. I printed the template off and cut it out, then went and priced the diamond plate at Tractor Supply.. OUCH!!! Stuff is expensive. Yours looks great tho, good job!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

· Registered
41 Posts
Where are you guys finding this template at?:confused013: i look and look and look but to no avail!:banghead:

· Registered
3 Posts
Diamond plate for CHEEEP

I think this might help. As long as you need "smallish" pieces of diamond plate got to your local salvage yard, they usually have junk toolboxes layin around, I know we always do!!:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.