Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:popcorn: ok so i've read everything i can possibly find about the bhaf's and before i did, i was convinced i wanted a "bought" intake, but am confident in making my own and being JUST as productive, prolly not as pretty though :lol3:
My questions are, has anyone made their own for a 3rd gen?

What were your pieces used?

Is it possible to use stock tubes or will schedule 40 be the way to go?

What were your mounting options and what did you use after you removed your air box to support the filter?

Chuck, if your readin up on this, your the man w/ intakes and i'm wanting a 4510 or somethin comparable in the line so if ya would throw me a price and specs, it'd be greatly appreciated!!! :thumbsup

Thanks guys!!!! :hyper:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I just bought a Napa #2790 and found a piece of plastic pipe that fit between the filter and the stock rubber tube. Drilled a couple holes for the sensor, and dropped it right where the stock airbox was. works fine. I also gutted the torque tube and removed the silencer ring. Sorry, I don't have an pics.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What if you were to just stick a short piece of 4" pvc at the end of your intake tube and put a filter on that? What amsoil filter would you need?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That's what I did. But I just used a regular filter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you really want to hear your turbo sing, go with the 6" Willys Whistler.
Check it out!:thumbsup

Turbo music link

·
Registered
564 Posts
Amsoil 4510 for the 4" I think. Do a search and Chuck has the specs for each of the nanofibers for home made setups.

Wood

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you really want to hear your turbo sing, go with the 6" Willys Whistler.
Check it out!:thumbsup

Turbo music link
:hyper::hyper:Man, i am excited! I've got all my stuff ordered for my very own Willy's Whistler and I can't wait for it all to come in and throw it together! She's gonna be doin the deal in a week or so! :w:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did you get your Willy's installed? Hows it sound? I have my stuff ordered too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts