Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going on my dually 285's or 305's. BFG at ta ko's, toyo open country m/t, or Goodyear silent armor. I like the goodyears but my buddy said he has trouble keeping them balanced. I love the bfg's but i also like the toyo's but i have never had them. Any input on these three would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Kaleb,
I got about 45k out of my BFG's on my chrome wheels. My Nitto's aren't wearing worth a crap. I've never had the Toyo M/t's so i can't say. I'm prolly gonna get another set of BFG's for my Chromes wheels before long. You gonna get another set of spacers to make them fit?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Toyo M/T's are very good tires and you should get 40k+ out of them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've had Toyo A/T's on my last truck and BFG's on this one. I like the toyo's a little better (e rated, better traction) but the BFG's seem to be lasting longer, so it's a toss up for me. I suppose it depends on your priorities. As far as the Silent Armor's go, I looked pretty hard at them but chose the BFG's so I don't have any experience, but they look like a good tire.

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
i run the Toyo A/T's and got about 70+k out of them

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Seems like the Toyo A/T and BFG's A/T consistently turn up as the best wearing tires. Cooper Discovery's get mentioned frequently as good wearing tires as well.

Likewise, it seems like the Nitto consistently turns up as a good tire that doesn't wear too well.

We have a set of ProComp A/T's on now. They are quite, didn't take hardly any weight to balance, don't bounce or anything; but, they are going to be worn out in 15-20K miles. We'll go with BFG's or Toyo's next time around.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info guys. If anybody has any better deals let me know but the BFG load range E 305/65/17 is going to cost me $1,750.00 plus probably $150 for the 2 in spacer i will have to have. Thanks again fellas

·
Registered
565 Posts
thanks for the info guys. If anybody has any better deals let me know but the BFG load range E 305/65/17 is going to cost me $1,750.00 plus probably $150 for the 2 in spacer i will have to have. Thanks again fellas
I bought a pair of 2" spacers off ebay for $105 shipped.

On the Toyo a/t's, how are they in deep snow conditions?

·
Registered
249 Posts
i sell tires for a living and the silent armor pro's are the best of the 3 in question imo

bfg's second

michelin ltx's are awesome as well

the only thing that would bump the bfgs to the top of the list for me is if you offroad alot,but for the average highway gut that goes off road every once in a while the sa pro's are awesome

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I farm and do excavating work so im offroad a little you could say. haha

·
Registered
771 Posts
Kaleb,
I'd Prolly go with the BFG's. Unless you really wanna hear the tires whine like some M/Ts but you already know about that.

·
HI
3,448 Posts
i have had nothing but bad luck with goodyears. i like to say goodyears are like there name there only good for a year:lol3: the bfg on my truck now are wearing very badly. i only have 26,000 miles and they are almost shot already. the front tires tread is comming apart and the backs are warn down but that could have something to do with the skinny pedle

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ryan,
I totally agree with ya they are a little more money than everything else, but i think they will last a lot longer. I don't know rather to get 265's or 305's. No 285's they are load range D, I want E's.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
bfg km2's !!! Wear way better then my at's :thumbsup

·
Registered
861 Posts
TOYOs. ask anyone who ever owned them haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
there are about 5 different 285 70 17 in a e load range ,nitto a/t ,toyo a/t , nitto d/g,hankook new a/t, and a few others ,check online tire .com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts