Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUYER BEWARE, of BADP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a listing of my dealings with BADP, Bay Area Diesel Performance. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab, 6.7 L, Auto.

2/5/2009 a Gen III kit was ordered. I was advised the product would ship out within one week. Purchase amount $1,491.00. Over the next three weeks I spoke to Joe Burgess at BADP, Bay Area Diesel Performance, several times, with a promise my order would be shipped within one week, each time.
3/2/2009 I spoke to Joe Burgess again. He informed me that it would be a couple of weeks before my order shipped out. At that time I requested to cancel my unfulfilled order and refund my money. I was then informed that I would be charged a 5 % cancellation charge. I then requested to talk to the owner. Shane, the owner of BADP, after arguing with me, agreed to refund my payment in full.
3/11/2009, still no refund. I called and left a message for Laura in accounting.
3/12/2009, called BADP and spoke to Joe Burgess. He at that time checked with accounting and advised me the reimbursement was being processed.
3/23/2009, still no refund! I left another message for Laura.
3/24/2009 Joe burgess called to ask ME what was being done about my order. I reminded him that Shane had agreed to reimburse me in full for my unfulfilled order. Joe stated he would have Shane call me back. Shane did call me back, he informed me he would not be reimbursing me in full and would be charging me a 5 % restocking fee if I wanted a refund. He sarcastically explained to me that the 5 % restocking fee is a discounted rate from the normal 30 % restocking fee and that I should be happy that’s all he is charging me because the order was a presale. Shane then informed me that the refund would be made to me that day, less 5 %, and that he would email me a conformation that the process was completed.
3/25/2009, NO REFUND YET! And no email either!

I was never informed this was a pre sale, as a matter of fact the posting on 1/12/2009 on cumminsforum.com, stated, BADP would not be doing any kind of pre sale or order list. A posting on Competition Diesel .com, on 2-3-2009, states GEN III CODE FREE EGR/DPF DELETE kits are now available for sale. No mention was made that these are pre sales only, special order only or group orders only. Also on 2/3/2009 BADP posted on Cumminsfurum.com. “We are now taking Gen III orders. We have a shipment that came in yesterday and will be putting all of the parts together and getting the shipped out. They are first come first serve and if we run out before the next shipment of parts we will stop selling them until we have the parts in the shop “. So if they took my order on 2/5/2009 that meant they had the product to fulfill my order. Apparently not! There are multiple other posts on multiple internet forums stating there product was available at the time I placed my order. I canceled my order on 3/2/2009 after learning it would still be a couple of weeks before my order could be shipped. This order was not placed as part of a special order, presale order, or group order that would qualify it for a 5 % cancellation charge according to the terms and conditions that I agreed to at the time I placed my order.

3/27/2009 just checked bank account. No refund. No email.
3/30/2009 signed a “dispute of charge” letter at the bank through with my purchase was made.
4/1/2009, no April fools joke. I got my money back! All of it! Thanks to my bank.

WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS!!!! Shane, the owner of the company is the worse customer relations person that I have ever had the opportunity to speak to. He is rude and condescending. And will quickly let you know, it’s his way or the highway, no customer service!!! I’m sure I am not the only one out there to have experienced the wrath of the all high and mighty SHANE @ BADP. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! This is a company with very little customer service and extremely argumentative staff and owner. They did not deliver for me and may not deliver for you! There are tons of reputable companies out there to order from; H & S Performance, Rollin Smoke Diesel, and Smarty, just to mention a few.
I hate to bash anyone, but other people out there need to know what they may run into dealing with this company. Then again, you may have a good experience. You can make your own informed decision.

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
Just a heads up, the bank credits you your money while they do their investigation.... it may be withdrawn. I used to investigate these disputes and that was the policy at the bank I worked at anyway. Good luck to you though. Sorry about your bad experience.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
put me on the list! i talked to them about two weeks ago, wouldnt answer any question and said to try again in acouple of weeks, BADP.... you guys lost a bunch of$$$$$. three coworkers and i are placing ordes totaling about $4000 and it wont be with you or for your product!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just a heads up, the bank credits you your money while they do their investigation.... it may be withdrawn. I used to investigate these disputes and that was the policy at the bank I worked at anyway. Good luck to you though. Sorry about your bad experience.
Shane would have to file a response back to the credit card company as to why he is entitled to the money, which I doubt he would even bother filling it out, since has no good excuse.

To many complaints like that and Visa/MC/Amex with pull your credit card charging ability. Or at least that is how it used to be.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the words or warning...glad it worked out well for you in the long run.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles man...at least you got your money back. Many of us were not so fortunate!! Glad you posted this cause maybe it will prevent someone else from getting burned by them. Then again, this thread might just dissapear cause we don't wanna "stir the pot".

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I have had no experience with BADP, however I feel in these times we will see alot of the smaller companies struggling, and eventually sinking.

c'mon badp WWJD....would he charge 5% restocking?:lol4::lol4:

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
i think that you are absolutely stepping over the line to question my relationship with God and tieing it in with a restock fee....i will cancel all the restock fee all you have to do is pay the payroll here every week and you have got yourself a deal:thumbsup: please try NOT to bash me being a christian . if you must bash at least leave it about the product

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
yes bb there is. the man that was getting the refund. lost his job so shane dropped the refund fee by 25% . thinking that was fair we did issue the refund. when we do it goes out of our account immediately and off to the bank. they are the ones who take time to process the refund not us. actually if you call them they will tell you it can take up to 30 days...and i was definitely not argumentative with you i was doing what i am told. i have a boss just like alot of the rest of you. and he is a very fair and helping boss i might add...so we pay the people who process the order whether you decide to cancell or not. so 5% is not so crazy is it. i thought you were well taken care of:S:

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
can we get the whole story please:thumbsup:
Sure, let's hear your side. By the looks of it the OP kept pretty good record of his conversations with you. So give your side.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
i think that you are absolutely stepping over the line to question my relationship with God and tieing it in with a restock fee....i will cancel all the restock fee all you have to do is pay the payroll here every week and you have got yourself a deal:thumbsup: please try NOT to bash me being a christian . if you must bash at least leave it about the product
I dont think he was bashing your faith at all. He was comparing your business ethics to your religious ethics.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
Please leave this to BADP and SSM16A1.

Thanks
A repeat Gentlemen.
Please let the customer and Vendor work this out. I do suggest it be taken to PM. :thumbsup:

·
Unreconstructed
6,488 Posts
Even though I do agree with the OP being upset, I do have to agree with BB & Dad2Bike, as to letting the dust settle between the 2 involved through private communications. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.