Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04.5 with the 2.4.d crazy larry on my triple dog and im noticing higher fuel mileage with crazy larry on than just tow and economy...is anyone else seeing this too?
I can get as much as 26 mpg driving down the highway and about 22 around town now im getting around 19 highway and 17 around town.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Some time ago, Buddy told me CL will give you the best mileage (if you can keep your foot out of it) because of the timing.

I'm getting 18.5 with 35" MT's.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Is this from the overhead or hand calculated?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Is this from the overhead or hand calculated?
Not sure if you're asking me or the OP, but mine is hand calc...... overhead says 24.2. :hehe:

·
Registered
368 Posts
i run 2.4.d hand calc i see around 20.8 ish per tank. the overhead says 23.5ish rep tank. that is with crazy larry. with tow haul, it is way less, like 15.5-16.0.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is by the overhead...i diddnt think it would be off that bad

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
mine is by the overhead...i diddnt think it would be off that bad
It's normally off, then it goes off even more with a programmer, and gets just plain silly with CL.

Like I posted, hand calc....... 18.5........ overhead........ 24.2!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kind of mileage do these trucks get stock?

·
Registered
501 Posts
man it must be nice i get like 14.5 around town and 16 if im on the high way

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys im not trying to get off topic but if you know where i can get a good used transfer case or a rebuild kit that would be nice just found out today that mine is gone with the wind lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
i tryed it the other day and got a bout 2.5 miles to the gallon better. who da thunk it

·
Registered
23 Posts
19mpg hand calc @65mph from lubbock texas to oakland ca. totally empty. The truck is stock except for the pipe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
wow^^^^^ I saw 21mpg twice when I came from Waco, TX area to Riverside, CA in my truck with about 1000lbs in the bed, roughly the same speed, too. hand cal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts