Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new turbo, because the stock one didn't hold up.... What is the best turbo is twin turbos to go with? And what are some prices?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any suggestions???????????

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of all the people on here, no one can help me???

·
Registered
587 Posts
im using an aurora 3000 and dont have any complaints.$1215.00 not including shipping,has a 3yr 15000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im using an aurora 3000 and dont have any complaints.$1215.00 not including shipping,has a 3yr 15000 mile warranty.
what are the horsepower ratings on it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
what are the horsepower ratings on it?
they claim it is good to 575 rwhp.i have just a touch of grey smoke w.o.t on level 6 and my egts dont go over 1350

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
HT's HTB2 is good for 550. But if you need more, send it in and they'll up grade the wheels for around $250. Won't have to shell out another $1500+ that way.

·
Registered
587 Posts
HT's HTB2 is good for 550. But if you need more, send it in and they'll up grade the wheels for around $250. Won't have to shell out another $1500+ that way.
Very true,i have been wanting to put ddp150s and stack a smarty on top of my edge but i think the 3000 will be too small for that,so that means i will have to buy another turbo to do that. but with htts htb2 you can upgrade it for cheap.i know some guys are using super b's but i dont know how good they are.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
We're putting a 66/71/16 over an S480... But it's being built to race - You could go with a 64/13 over an S400 for a little better street manners and still tons of HP with the right fuel setup...
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
we run a ATS twins 3000/5000 it runs great with the bully dog/Quadzilla stack
I figure it pushin about 550hp, but I know there's a lot of room left for some sticks.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Moved to 3rd gen forum.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Out of all the people on here, no one can help me???
Well, the aurora says it has a range of 36-38, and I run 41 with my stock holstet. while the spoolling is supposed to be faster, I really don't believe the hype alot of these manufacturers are putting out there. When they have more miles on their trucks than I do on any of mine, I might start believing what they have to say, til then.... they are just salesmen in the car business, and are only partially removed from their cousins at the dealerships.

Not to say there are not a few gear heads out there who still know what they are saying, but those guys are in the shops working, and not likely sitting on a forum discussing programmers and how big a wheel they can put on their truck or even worse, how many more chrome parts can be purchased for 300% mark up...

JMO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where is the best place to get the HtB2? and how much does the upgrade help out?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just recently bought my HTT 62/71/13 from Eric at Vulcan Performance. Great price and fast shipping

1 - 17 of 17 Posts