Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
Lol I was joking with the s480. What are your plans in HP and do you tow much or any? Tranny type auto or manual? Head studs or stock head bolts?

·
11,105 Posts
A 64/71/14 super B special would do it. Set the waste gate to 48 lbs and you're good as gold.

·
11,105 Posts
I've read of small issues with the AFE intake but they were modified to fit and the oil drain wasn't ever an issue unless they put the 2nd gen turbo on in a 3rd gen truck. There's too many people running them and they love em!

·
11,105 Posts
Really? So no issues on 3rd Gen truck with the oil line? And does the intake tube have to be trimmed or something? The Turbo sits in stock location right?
Yea that's what I read on them. I bought one 3 years ago planning for a build but my plans changed and I had more fuel than the turbo could handle comfortably so I sold it. But I did read that they had to trim up the AFE stage 2 style intake.

·
11,105 Posts
Yep! I'm running their turbo. They make some awesome chargers but they are more so a competition type turbo being they don't mass produce them. The only issue is getting the turbo in a timely manner, if you want it by fall order it ASAP!! I got mine fairly quick for them being it was a bout a month out and was told i'd get it the whole setup in 2 weeks. I called once a week and finally got it to the house. It's performed flawlessly since I've installed it. But your gonna be spending a little more... A super B special or a 64/71/13ss would be perfect. If you went larger then a 66/71/14 would do it as well.

·
11,105 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.