Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Best turbo/injector/tuner for a 2000 F650 with a 5.9 cummins for HEAVY towing ??

12K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Off-road 
#1 ·
I have a friend that just bought a 6 door F650 that has a 5.9 cummins attached to a double overdrive allison auto trans. He uses the truck to tow large boats all over the country. He will be towing from 10,000 to 22,000 lbs depending on the boat/trailer combo. I have no experience with the VP pump motors so I am hoping someone could steer us in the right direction for the best turbo / injector and tuner combo.
Thanks

#4 ·
It will be an ISB 5.9. There is NO Dodge tuner that can be used on the engine, as the Non Dodge software is different. Check out the RV forums.
Also, I "Think" the HP limit of that Allison in the F650 has about a 300 HP limit.
As for compatible upgrades, you CAN use the same injector/turbo setups, but I am not sure what they have for boost limits in the ECU.

Ed

#5 ·
He has some money to spend and is planning on keeping the truck a long time.

The tranny was swapped into the truck . Its is a Allison model 3000 and can handle up to 500 hp / 1500 ft lb torque and 40,000 gross weight so that should not be a problem.

#8 ·
Diesel Power Performance Parts & Products Injectors Pumps Turbos Chips

get ahold of these guys and ask for mike boge. he is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. explain what you are trying to do and he can help you get there.

they are a local shop back home that i trust explicitly. and of the diesel shops there i buy only from them.

they are also Bosch certified.... and specialize in rebuilding injection pumps and injectors, while playing with the truck pulling/tractor pulling crowd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.