Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Best three gauges to have?

12113 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Gixxer_750
Since I have bought my 01 2500 quad cab auto, I have replaced the lift pump (raptor 150), the VP44 (bosch), added a cold air intake (aem brute force), and installed a quadzilla adrenaline. What do you guys suggest to be the most important three gauges to install, I'm getting the pillar pod?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
the two most imporant that I would recommend is a fuel pressure and pryo. as far as you should get I would get a tranny temp gauge since you have a auto along with the others.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the help guys, as far as the pyro's that I looked at one went to 1500 deg. and the other 2400 deg. which would you reccomend

· Registered
819 Posts
If you can do like me. I got Boost, Pyro and FP for my pillar gauges and I use my Attitude for Transmission, but I have it hid where I can see it but if you were looking through my windows you wouldn't.

· Registered
2,164 Posts
yeah, id go with pyro <1500, fuel pressure <30psi, and Trans temp. dependin how hard ya run your truck, you wanna keep an eye on boost, but if you keep your head bolts torqued, and re-tourqed, youd be fine w/o the boost guage

· Banned
1,018 Posts
the outside temp, barometric pressure (tell when its gunna rain) and of course a direction gauge.

Just playing, egt/boost/tran temp (auto)

· Registered
155 Posts
The boost gauge is important if you want to know how much fuel you are using.

I have a lot of gauges:

Fuel pressure
Engine Oil Temp
Boost
Trans Temp
Rear End Temp
EGT
Aux Fuel Tank

If I only had three I would have broke more parts. You can put three on the pillar and then one in the place where you turn off the driver's side air bag. Or you can get Westac gauges that have two in one. Look at Geno's.

· Registered
280 Posts
If you can do like me. I got Boost, Pyro and FP for my pillar gauges and I use my Attitude for Transmission, but I have it hid where I can see it but if you were looking through my windows you wouldn't.
can i get a pic of the additude location?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.