Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like she says, I need a new TC that is going to be able to handle a little tweaking of the pump, maybe top out at 400 HP way down the road. My stock TC is slipping and just feels crappy. Thanks

·
Cummins Crazy
2,317 Posts
abe568,

Do you want cheap?
Do you want performance?
Reasonable & performance & upgradeable ?
Only one place to go----- Dave Goerend .:drool2:
He has built the best & most reliable for me !!!!

WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne, Ill have to give him a call. Now will getting a new TC and Valve Body break the bank for me?

·
Cummins Crazy
2,317 Posts
abe,

It won't break the bank just shrink the size of the bank.:rof
Just call to get the right stall. Tell him where you are going HP & TQ wise & he will help you.
WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4 sounds good

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Revmax also has great prices on converters and I've heard good things about them

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good, Im just trying to get a reliable truck/tow rig together so I can then start playing around with the pump.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Revmax in mine and absolutely love it and the price :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
DTT has a triple disk with lifetime warranty for 1100. Seems like a pretty good product and a good deal. I talked to somebody at DTT briefly and it sounds like the warranty is pretty much all inclusive and from poking around the forum people seem to have good reviews.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have a DTT triple. Un-friggen-real. Is all I got to say about it. It's tight. I like letting off the throttle and seeing it drop a hundred rpm and hold. Stockers seem to drop straight to idle when you let off them. Not this puppy. And it looks like you could run over it with a tank and not hurt it.

Reactions: Smoken Gun

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I can attest to that:doh:...cant wait for a build 47RE!!
A built auto will blow your mind. All you really need is a TC and VB. Most of the stuff you put in it is just stock clutches, but more of them.

I've also got an upgraded overdrive piston and housing, bands, 4.4 apply, billet accum and front servo. That piston return spring housing is upgraded to hold 10 springs evenly instead of nine. Input shaft, flexplate. Governor and weights. MagHytec DD. Low-reverse drum. New OD and LU solenoids. And the list goes on. Next is Torringtons. I think they're worth another tear-down.

But you don't need all that. Just a TC and VB will make a world of diff. In fact, lengthening your TV will usually make a big diff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts