Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys help me out with yor experiances. I want a 3.5 to 5 inch lift setup with a ride improvement over stock. I hear the KORE system is good but only 2.5 of lift! :hyper:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Look at the Carli Suspension systems. The look like a good setup as well as the Rize lifts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Freedspirot, not to hijack the thread, but does your 35"s rub real bad with the KORE setup?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
OK guys help me out with yor experiances. I want a 3.5 to 5 inch lift setup with a ride improvement over stock. I hear the KORE system is good but only 2.5 of lift! :hyper:
Any lift kit will provide a ride improvement to some degree but ride improvement all comes down to the tires as well. Im running a 5inch Pro Comp that uses a spacer to maintain the factory spring rate. Since the kit come with over sized shocks and i have Toyo tires it has a very good ride for the size of truck. Check into lifts with replacement coil springs if u want to chnage the spring rate, some give a softer ride some stiff.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TacSat1, You can run 35s with NO rubbing, if you use the stock offset wheels. :thumbsup

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking to combine KORE springs with spacers

Leave the 2 inch spacers and add the KORE coils. This should result in apx 4.5 in the front. I guess I need to drop the pittman and stabalizer, 3 inch longer shocks.

Anyone know if arms need to change length? :hyper:

·
Registered
544 Posts
My 35" Toyos will rub at full lock on the upper control arms with my KORE system. I think it has mostly to do with the side lugs on the Toyos.

What kind of ride are you looking for? Carli and Don Thuren typically have softer riding suspensions while KORE tends to run a little stiffer, but very controlled. All are huge improvements over stock.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking for a softer street ride.

Want a better controled, softer ride.
Not looking to spend a fortune since this truck sees very little off road duty.
Mostly highway and deep snow in winter.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, if that's what you're looking for, and you don't want to spend a lot of coin, then I'd go with the KORE HP series kit for $620. Bilstien 5100s all the way around, the KORE HP springs in the front and mini packs in the back. That should level the truck and then raise it an additional 1 inch.

To really make these trucks ride soft, you need to replace then entire rear spring pack, but then you lose the payload and it's an additonal $700-1500 for the rear springs.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 3500 CC/LB 4X4 6.7 HO
539 Posts
Check out the Revtek kits, they are rummored to ride real good. I think they make a 4" and 6" kit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A sweet lift for the dodges is the Superlift. I have a 6 inch and it's a lil rough, but I have 37 inch tires. My friend has a 4 inch lift with air bags and it's way better ride than mine. It's better than my truck stock.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will go with the KORE setup. New progressive coils up front and the leaf packs in rear. Cant beat the price! I wanted a little more lift but for the street this will work better. Thanks for all the info guys! :thumbsup

·
Registered
395 Posts
Got my 6 inch superlift, 37 inch nitto terra grapplers, black 20 inch motto metals. Everything was installed for $4,100

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i got the superlift 6inch lift and really love it. but really not that happy with the bilstein shocks. had them on my truck when i had the Kore lift on my truck and loved them. but for some reason with this 6inch lift the bilstein aren't feeling to great.

Im gonna upgrade my shocks. but i like love the superlift

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Check out the Revtek kits, they are rummored to ride real good. I think they make a 4" and 6" kit.
wrongo...do not like them and hear little good

ir sounds like RIZE will be your best bet for an out of the box, for the BEST street ride without all the unuseed travel...check spirson

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
ok after looking at
Spirson Off-Road
who want's to buy my superlift. i want spirson

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i wish they had one for my truck, its all king component for shocks and stabilizers. They dont have the massive travel of the other brands but they are very nice, and tunable kits for any realistic offroading and a very plush street ride

·
Registered
674 Posts
that video rocks :thumbsup if i had a desert to play in i would look at Spirson for sure

1 - 20 of 28 Posts