Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Truck details in signature.

I am wondering what are the best smarty settings for daily driving, towing and racing the occasional duramax lol. Right now I have TNT-R level 3. My buddy is a Cummins wizard and put a smarty tune in my truck a few months ago that was absolutely what I wanted but he won't give me the settings..says it's his towing tune...(prick just wants to beat me 馃槀)

I know this is pretty vague but I'm just wondering what y'all have found to be the best

Registered
And yes, custom tuning is that much better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Trying to learn
What works on 1 truck may not work on another.
I run mine on Catcher 7 and am happy with my mpg and power.

Registered
That's what I ran with default timing and one notch up from stock on torque management before EFI. Ran well but smoked like hell at 5K' in our mountains and Mammoth. EFI is much cleaner at altitude.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
TNT-R?

Trying to learn
That's what I ran with default timing and one notch up from stock on torque management before EFI. Ran well but smoked like hell at 5K' in our mountains and Mammoth.
Strange, on #7 all default with very little smoke unless I shift early and I live @ 6000' and go up to 8500' often.

It is just the Revo software. The TNT-R is for modded trucks.

Registered
When I was running smarty I was on Level 9 with timing set to 2 and Torque set to 4 . I like the throttle response it gave . My truck smoked like a coal train if I let it . And I think my elevation is only 700 . When I towed heavy I would back it down to 3 or 1 with the same settings . Worked for years , now I have Hptuners and notice a big difference in the way the truck handles,Far less smoke . I was always on the revo tunes or what ever they called it . Never did try the tnt tunes . My truck also has 100 hp injectors and modded holset turbo , plus built trans . So your results might different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Strange, on #7 all default with very little smoke unless I shift early and I live @ 6000' and go up to 8500' often.

It is just the Revo software. The TNT-R is for modded trucks.
Yeah,I had to baby the throttle to the point I was going to back to stock until I hit 395 south going home. I've got 2300# on my back and 35's all the time.

You want the best? Sell the s06 and buy custom tuning

^ This is true. The old Smarty S06 is totally outdated. The last s/w update for it was in 2012.
And I'm still using a Smarty!

TNT/R s/w really ramps up the rail pressure at low rpm even with the rail pressure setting set to "stock".
This is why it feel so much stronger than the regular Revo s/w.
Mads does state that they never exceed the stock peak rail pressure with TNT/R though.
You do have high side and low side fuel pressure gauges right?!!

TNT/R feels and runs great but the increased rail pressure is harder on your injectors.
Also TNT/R is really hard on the stock turbo. Keep the stock turbo under 36 PSI boost peak.
Keep your pre-turbo EGT's under 1300F.

Looking at your signature, your stock turbo is limiting you.
If you are looking for more power, a bigger turbo would be the logical next step, even before larger injectors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts