Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off I want to say I NEVER I say NEVER going to mod my truck EVER!!! stock exhaust and ABSOLUTELY no programers of any kind. don't want any trouble. been threw all that on my 01 and put it all back stock. happy with the power of the 04 H.O.

now I have a 04 and the trans maybe on the way out. when going into second it will hesitate between 1 and 2. also at WOT it will not shift from second.
I did a band ajustment helped a small amount. I had a shift kit in my 01 and loved it. but what's peoples thoughts on them for a 04. I'm hoping this will help it out and if not it's a good trans mod any way.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If you arent going to be spending money elsewhere, do a full valve body from a reputable company, stock rebuild and quality single disc converter. That way you'll know its fresh and not have to worry about it. Dont kid yourself though. Everyone says theyre keeping it stock. Haha ill put money on it you will get an exhaust just because it sounds awesome, intake for the heck of it and a programmer because you will get bored of the power and just a programmer makes a HUGE difference on these truck. Even helps economy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
227 Posts
Honestly, for most people, a quality single disc, valve body, and a fresh rebuild is all they need. My 47re lasted for over a year at 450-490hp with just a valve body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts